HDi Re-map Advice & Reviews

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi Re-map Advice & Reviews
Information 
Following the advice of site staff -

With the ever increasing amount of questions of 'Who should I use to re-map my HDi?' and people posting reviews of their experiences with different map suppliers on here:

The suggestion is, with the convenience for all in mind to keep it all in one area and to post all your questions/experiences here so everyone can make informed choices.

I'll start with,

Quote:Jammapic Re-Map feedback

Hi,

Not posted on here for a while, but I thought I should provide some feedback on a recent Re-Map from jammapic.

With the car having already had a Stage 1 map, I read on here that jammapic was now providing Re-Mapping services, so I thought I would try him for a Stage 2.

This was the best decision yet!

His custom map makes the engine seem a lot quieter, burns VERY cleanly and the power delivery is very smooth all the way through, loads of low down torque and throttle response is excellent.

As for all round service, I can't fault him, he wants you to be happy with your map and will answer any questions you may have.

I can't recommend his maps highly enough Big Grin

Thanks,

Dave.

The original thread can be found here.

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Car was mapped by JP, no complaints at all.

Great service, great driving car, and as expected great on paper result.

Hopefully will hit him up again to get playing with my car when I have a new turbo on it Wink
Thanks given by:
dyno figures would be tres useful guys, otherwise it'll just turn into a penis licking thread . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Always had my remaps from Steve and they've always been top notch, as has the service. My last one, stage 1+, made 130.1bhp and 220lb/ft. I've had about 60mpg AVERAGE off one of his eco maps.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
My dyno figures of the JP stage 2 map.

[Image: arezuqy3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice one mcglynn and poodle hopefully this will be less a rim licking exercise as previously thought and more about actually providing information to people who are new to this and require decent information/testimonials.
Thanks given by:
Poodle did that have no intercooler fitted?

Decent result if so, thats a car thats lighter than modern diesels in std tune and with a similiar power figure.
Thanks given by:
One of Pro-Steve's earliest maps, (discounted in return for some photoshop stuff for his website Tongue), excellent fuel economy, strong performance. Has had me desperate for a stage 2 for ages now, wish I had the money!

[Image: IMAG0197_zps2c4889b9.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0196_zps2e2d532c.jpg]
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
my estate on its old injectors
comparison of whippys and pro_steve i recommend both of them Smile

[attachment=13716]
Thanks given by:
Can't fault Mr whippy.
My car dynod 127bhp and 208ft/lbs torque.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes Mcglynn, no intercooler.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Are you still running stage 2 with no cooler ...hows it coping ?
Thanks given by:
You asking me? Mines stage 1+ with a cooler. The only person I know to run stage 2 without a cooler shat their engine in a few weeks, surprise surprise lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I just got a stage one map from jammapic tonight and the difference is night and day! So much smoother to drive and less painful to rag. Great result and I still have the standard exhaust to sort out.

Great guy and great at what he does Smile
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I would just like to thank as well as recommend Mr Whippy to anyone looking for a stage 1 remap.

He is a friendly guy who knows a lot about tuning 2.0HDIs, he offered a very good service at a good price and the difference is night and day between the car being standard and the car being remapped.

I had a standard 306 HDI 90 which was sluggish at times and now pulls much better, very smooth and like a petrol now!

Currently running between 120 and 125bhp and 200 and 210 lb ft, this has made a huge difference on the road!

Very happy with what he has done to my car and would without a doubt recommend him!
Thanks given by:
He did my car for me, he's great guy and a genius at what he does.
Hdi stage 1, full straight through exhaust.
128bhp 208lbs/ft torque.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Top bloke is our Dave.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
im currently running stage1 atm from whippy, cant wait till i get fmic and go it stage2!
Thanks given by:
Mine has had a whippy map on for about 100k, very pleased.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Hehe, I think you are the record holder C2K...

It's amazing how long these cars can run with even stage 2 maps and hard use.

When I bought my HDi I always wondered about longevity/reliability and the precedent set by the XUD9, but if anything the DW10 has surpassed it for all-round bomb-proofness and good running in a tuned state.

I have customers turn up sometimes with say £500 150k mile cars and after a 30min diagnostic drive checking everything over they are driving and feeling just like the best I've ever seen!

One of the best car/engine combos in my opinion! Very tempted right now to get another one but I really want to get a Y reg one to keep the car tax price down hehe.

Dave
Thanks given by:
I did mine just around the 175K marker initially, and ran it onto 273K but it's finding pastures new next weekend by the looks of it. She's a good ol' girl. Smile
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Another recommendation for Jammapic.

Did me a Stage 1+ map for my standard HDi estate and it's transformed the car - as standard it was pretty underwhelming in terms of delivery and performance, but with JP's map it now feels like it should have done from the factory with much more mid-range punch, much more willing to rev as well yet minimal smoke.

JP's service was terrific too - he had the new map emailed back to me within an hour and he's gone out of his way throughout to ensure that I'm happy and that the map is working well on my car. Excellent value for money too.

I can't personally compare to Pro-Steve or Mr Whippy, but certainly on the basis of the map and service received I'd highly recommend Jammapic - certainly I'll be giving him another shout if/when I give into temptation and go Stage 2 Smile
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Hey I'm looking to get mine mapped and I just wanted a rough idea on cost?

Is it cheaper to buy the tool and email my map away or go visit one of the guys on here to do it?

Ill PM as soon as my account lets me Wink
Thanks given by:
Id also like to know this but I stay far away in Scotland so popping into one of these garages isnt so easy for me
Thanks given by:
Just buy the tool and do it yourself - I bought an MPPS cable off eBay for £13 and that was perfect for reading and writing the map files and works perfectly on Windows 7.

Probably best contacting the mappers directly to get a price, as I believe that it can vary depending on exactly what you want done.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'll end up with a complete shed if I mess my map up! Haha what software do you need?
Thanks given by:
Just bought a galletto and will be contacting pro Steve when the times right Smile
Thanks given by:
I really need to finish my website Big Grin

Do James or Steve offer discounts on upgrades from stage 1 to stage 2 if they had the stage 1 remap done by them?

Dave
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2014, 02:10 PM)Mr Whippy Wrote: Do James or Steve offer discounts on upgrades from stage 1 to stage 2 if they had the stage 1 remap done by them?

Don't know about Steve, but James (Jammapic) does.
Thanks given by:
If you ask nicely Wink
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by: