Engine Undertray - who still has theirs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine Undertray - who still has theirs?
I don't know if these were an option part or if the majority have just fallen off or what (anyone know?)

But who still has theirs?

If you're unfamiliar, there's a plastic tray which fits into the slots behind the front bumper and runs under the sump.

Oh, and does anyone have one they don't want for less than the £38 they are new on eBay?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
£38 sounds cheap
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I do! Oh wait, i just have the bits where it was fixed to my subframe and someone snapped most of it off lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Its funny this thread should arrise. I did a canbelt on a hdi the other week..it was the first 306 in all the years ive been messing with them to have the full undertray fitted ! With original clips !
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Undertray what Undertray? lol
Thanks given by:
I did have mine, up to about 3 years ago, then it dropped off.
Thanks given by:
My old one had one on for a little bit.
What's link for them on eBay?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
got mine Smile
Thanks given by:
I've never even seen one after owning 8 306s and working on several others... lol

I thought it was only the HDis and GTis that had them originally but the holes look 'used' for undertray bolts on the 1.8 so guess that came with one too. Confused

I would like one though, the bay gets in such a shit state so quickly....and you end up with grit and salt all over to corrode metal parts and wet slippery aux belts from not having one. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Still got mine Smile
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
My old 5dr hdi used to have one apart from that not seen another
Thanks given by:
I still have mine on my gti-6 plus i got them to reorder the last one in the country so my local peugeot parts department told me with new clips and bolts £124.00 in total,so have kept this as a spare.
Thanks given by:
I have mine. Smile
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Weight reduction right..?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Under trays are 1 of the most annoying things on cars these days when working on them. It can take longer to take and refit the under tray than it does to do an oil change on a car. On some of the newer Peugeots they put captive bolts into plastic and they just rip out. So a lot of the time under trays are held up with more cable ties than bolts.

But back on to subject, I don't think they ever had them fitted to ph1s, not sure if they were on ph2s either. I have come across a couple on ph3s but literally only like 2 on all the 306s that I have ever work on
Thanks given by:
Both my hdi and gti6 have the undertray still intact. I'm amazed by the one on the hdi, 109k and still has all the original clips
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Still got mine on the Hdi
Cable ties FTW!
Thanks given by:
Will be looking into getting one soon...and doing a full underbody sheet
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 12:55 PM)Piggy Wrote: Will be looking into getting one soon...and doing a full underbody sheet

Do you drive rally stages often?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I didn't realise they were that sought after. I have one, and no 306 to use it on. Make me an offer Smile
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 01:20 PM)Scott Wrote: I didn't realise they were that sought after. I have one, and no 306 to use it on. Make me an offer Smile

Ill take it for free in payment for putting up the shed that its probably stored in.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 01:31 PM)Niall Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 01:20 PM)Scott Wrote: I didn't realise they were that sought after. I have one, and no 306 to use it on. Make me an offer Smile

Ill take it for free in payment for putting up the shed that its probably stored in.

lmao

(06-03-2014, 01:06 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 12:55 PM)Piggy Wrote: Will be looking into getting one soon...and doing a full underbody sheet

Have you not seen the lanes round here?! Going to tesco and back is a rally stage in itself!

And full underbody= less road noise and potentially more mpgs and some downforce!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Rallye has one, i put it in the shed for safekeeping lmao
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 01:32 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 01:06 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:

Have you not seen the lanes round here?! Going to tesco and back is a rally stage in itself!

And full underbody= less road noise and potentially more mpgs and some downforce!

A full underbody would be great. There's a reason why basically all production car based race cars strive for it.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 11:37 AM)Frosty Wrote: Under trays are 1 of the most annoying things on cars these days when working on them. It can take longer to take and refit the under tray than it does to do an oil change on a car. On some of the newer Peugeots they put captive bolts into plastic and they just rip out. So a lot of the time under trays are held up with more cable ties than bolts.

I like undertrays, but I do agree with the cable tie bit, its the same with arch liners and any other splash guards....people seem to refit them all with either cable ties or steel screws that rust and round when you try and loosen them! Rolleyes Its not even like the clips are expensive!

The undertray on the Vectra was stupid though, the isnspection hole wasn't any use on a driveway (probably alright on a lift) so ended up taking the whole thing off, about 20 screws in total lol.
Thanks given by:
Think my old one might of got ripped up
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I didn't know they came with them to be honest. Link?
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
I saw one at the side of my shed yesterday. no idea how long thats been there or what from but iv only ever owned and broke 306's so was a suprise find
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 04:25 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 11:37 AM)Frosty Wrote: Under trays are 1 of the most annoying things on cars these days when working on them. It can take longer to take and refit the under tray than it does to do an oil change on a car. On some of the newer Peugeots they put captive bolts into plastic and they just rip out. So a lot of the time under trays are held up with more cable ties than bolts.

I like undertrays, but I do agree with the cable tie bit, its the same with arch liners and any other splash guards....people seem to refit them all with either cable ties or steel screws that rust and round when you try and loosen them! Rolleyes Its not even like the clips are expensive!

The undertray on the Vectra was stupid though, the isnspection hole wasn't any use on a driveway (probably alright on a lift) so ended up taking the whole thing off, about 20 screws in total lol.

Seen what happens when you do an oil change through the inspection hole though... Outstanding piece of GM engineering right there...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 04:54 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 04:25 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

Seen what happens when you do an oil change through the inspection hole though... Outstanding piece of GM engineering right there...

Well, no...because its completely useless on the drive, the flap is so big you cant drop it far enough lol.

Though if its anything like the 'mount the oil filter above the exhaust so it dribbles oil along the cat pipe' GM engineering then I'm sure it's brilliant. lol
Thanks given by: