What do I need for a stage 2 map

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do I need for a stage 2 map
Just a quick question I have a HDI that I am looking to upgrade to a stage 2 remapped it has been de catted and mapped my mr whippy to stage one can anyone point me in the right direction thanks
Thanks given by:
You will need an uprated clutch to take the extra torque, a front mounted intercooler to keep charge temps down and then you need the stage 2 map. This should also be in the HDI section not the couch (just fyi) Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2014, 07:40 PM)Tom Wrote: You will need an uprated clutch to take the extra torque, a front mounted intercooler to keep charge temps down and then you need the stage 2 map. This should also be in the HDI section not the couch (just fyi) Smile

Okay thanks and sorry and new to this forum
Thanks given by:
As said above, Upgraded clutch, stage 2 map and a FMIC.
Thanks given by:
Is a R70 pump for stg3 then?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Normally, yes... though if you stick it on a stage 2 you can make bags more torque...
JP
Thanks given by:
Also don't forget a boost gauge and you need to adjust the waste gate arm.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
And don't forget Mr Whippy stage 1 customers get a discount on their stage 2 upgrades Big Grin

Also well worth doing the FMIC upgrade in stages. You can add a clutch at any time and adjust the remapping as necessary at either low cost, or free.

The clutch is a contentious issue but given the price of some of these upgrades I'd be wary of spending all that extra money to potentially access an extra 30-40lbft over a small area of the mid-range rpm band!

Dave
Thanks given by:
Have a look through the guide section bud, this is very well covered across a couple of threads in there.

(05-03-2014, 09:06 PM)jammapic Wrote: Normally, yes... though if you stick it on a stage 2 you can make bags more torque...

I'm sure I remember you telling me increasing fuel pressure with an r70 barely made any difference thanks to pumping losses..?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
For a stage 2, your K03/GT15 is the only limiting factor
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 11:11 AM)Poodle Wrote: Have a look through the guide section bud, this is very well covered across a couple of threads in there.

(05-03-2014, 09:06 PM)jammapic Wrote: Normally, yes... though if you stick it on a stage 2 you can make bags more torque...

I'm sure I remember you telling me increasing fuel pressure with an r70 barely made any difference thanks to pumping losses..?

I'm not sure how much more torque bags more torque is, but you can get to around 290-300lbft on the standard bits at 2500rpm or so.

In theory a better pump will allow more fuelling because the issue at 2500rpm is BIG injections and relatively low RPM on the HP pump, so fuel pressure can't go so high.
Try raise injections and rail pressure drops, and try raise rail pressure and it can't make big injections.

But how much more you'd want to go is another question hehe.

Given how the peak power in a stage 2 is usually around 3250-3400rpm any way, the last thing you want is a peak power even lower as it'd just drive really weird.

Having too much more mid-range torque would make peak power around 2750rpm and the car would feel naff.

Much better imo to save money on clutches and HP pumps and all those other things and just go straight for FMIC and a hybrid turbo.
Then you can run a load more power at higher rpm, keep mid-range torque moderate, have a much smoother, revvier natural delivery of power and ultimately a faster car.

OK you may hit the limits of the OEM pump if it's old/worn, but I'd guesstimate a good original car with FMIC + an Iveco hybrid can hit 175bhp-180bhp at 400rpm and 250lbft at 2500rpm... plenty to be getting along with Big Grin

Dave
Thanks given by:
I don't understand the fascination with hybrid turbos, it adds so much cost to a build for relatively little benefit. Just fit a decent-sized unit, gt20 or td04 or k04 or even a gt17, and it'll be great. Slightly later spool, but that'll save the clutch, higher exhaust flow than a hybrid and can be done for £100 all in. Especially if you're talking about making it revvier, the problematic restriction on the stock turbos isn't on the inlet side so much. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: