How not to rebuild a engine :O Final out come!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How not to rebuild a engine :O Final out come!
(06-03-2014, 03:18 PM)underground375 Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 11:36 AM)306Dan Wrote: At least you have a crank there if you fancy making a scrap dog

I like the idea of that lol

I've already done it Wink

Could be for sale for the right offer Tongue

Thanks given by:
I have a feeling this is the cause of my engine seizing but that was running several k before seizing after hg was done, and a day after oil change. wont turn over even with a bar tho its stuck solid
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 04:32 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(05-03-2014, 11:31 PM)underground375 Wrote: A piss poor head change and a loose bolts! Even when I was taking the sump off there was a bolt missing and 3 bolts where loose! Just say away from engines pal.

This is the reason I hate buying 2nd hand cars without history, people like that have been trying to fix them! Did you buy the whole car or just the engine? If its the car I'd be checking everything else as well lol.

Lucky it was the cherry dt I broke down for spares lol
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 08:08 PM)underground375 Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 04:32 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(05-03-2014, 11:31 PM)underground375 Wrote: A piss poor head change and a loose bolts! Even when I was taking the sump off there was a bolt missing and 3 bolts where loose! Just say away from engines pal.

This is the reason I hate buying 2nd hand cars without history, people like that have been trying to fix them! Did you buy the whole car or just the engine? If its the car I'd be checking everything else as well lol.

Lucky it was the cherry dt I broke down for spares lol

Ah right, that's not so bad then!
Thanks given by:
Crank dog great idea silver lining to everything.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I can't help but wonder why the shell has seized? If there was shit under it then maybe but a loose bolt wouldn't cause the engine to lock, it would more cause it to knock like hell not get tighter. I'm wondering if some foreign body was under the shell. You could get away with just fitting another single set of shells as your others are all ok again far from ideal but it would still run fine as long as you polish the crank up. Check the oil galleries too unless its all going in the bin :p

Possible starved oil or maybe even shells in the wrong way round and its just been run on idle so hasn't done atrocious damage and gently got tight and stalled. This is quite easily salvagable.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There was dirt and grim all over the place, was in the shells on the piston rings, every where. If you looked at the shells in person all you can see it score marks from where the dirt in the oil has marked the shell.
Thanks given by:
must have done a proper bad job...was surfing youtube this evening, and watched a mitsi engine run at 3500rpm for a good 15mins with no oil, sump, rocker...till it seized.

and I bet XUD tolerances are less than a nice clean petrol jap engine
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well you seen the state of the head rebuild! Pretty stocking, first time ive come across such pooling work
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COTM May 2013 "Best Photo" - GRAND FINAL VOTE Dum-Dum 20 5,220 08-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Carlos182