A few questions I'm looking answered - exhaust and locks/remote locking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few questions I'm looking answered - exhaust and locks/remote locking
Ok, so firstly I'm looking to decat but due to the new MOT check for cats I'm just going to hollow out the cat. I also want to get rid of the backbox and replace with straight pipe. Question one is will the car pass MOT with stealthcat and backbox removed (midbox still there). I heard someone say you can remove the backbox and still pass MOT if you have a mid box?

Secondly - this might get confusing but I'll try keep this clear - my phase 3 HDi had the ignition barrel replaced but still has the standard door locks. Someone probably tried to steal it, I don't know.

So now I have two keys that are necessary - one (original) key to open the doors and another (which came with the new ignition barrel) to start the car. Also the button for the remote locking on the original key (for the doors) is broken, so remote locking doesn't work currently - It's not the battery, I checked that and I tried the whole process to reprogram a key to the central locking receiver by turning the ignition and pressing the button on the key etc.

This annoys me so my goal is to have 2 keys (one as a spare) that will both open the doors, work for remote locking and start the car.

I think to achieve this I need to buy a full lock set from the scrappies - door locks and ignition barrel, complete with a key and fit to the car. From what I understand this will immediately mean I can use just one key to open the doors and start the car with no programming.

So here's the question - is the above correct and how do I get this key from the scrap yard to work with the standard central locking receiver? I know it will probably require peugeot planet programming at some point. Please help me out someone.

Apologies for long and confusing thread
Thanks given by:
Ph3 needs planet programming yeah

MOT: better off doing a midbox to back box conversion, there is a guide.
Decat: up to each MOTer but gutting one may work, depends how eagle eyed they are and if they give it a tap!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The actual wording i can't remember, but it's basically: If the exhaust is much different to the original, then fail or advise as appropriate. So there's huge scope for interpretation, any mot stations that actually want customers will know this and i don't think there's a large proportion that'll actually have a problem with the backbox being removed. Technically, as long as it's not excessively loud or smoky, they could argue the exhaust still performs it's function adequately regardless of how it looks.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: