Gearbox stuck on

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gearbox stuck on
Right then lads I don't know if any of you have come across this before but the hdi box on my xud engine just will not come off at all, there's no driveshafts all the bolts are out an there's nothing attached holding it, I can get the box away from the block by about a good inch and a half and then it stops and won't go no further, iv tryed big hammer the ode special love stick ( big pry bar), I did also try playing with the clutch arm which seams to pull the box back on if twisted so to speak, this to me sound like the clutch fork holding the box on in some way, but I don't know what to do now to seperate the two.

Anyone shed a little light on this for me please Smile
Thanks given by:
Yea the forks stopping it coming off

You need to remove the pin that holds the clutch Arm onto the fork then remove the arm and it will come off
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
You could end up breaking or bending something if you dont that pin out n arm off!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 09:13 PM)Piggy Wrote: You could end up breaking or bending something if you dont that pin out n arm off!

I never have, I've done about 5 clutches/boxes off with my pugs, I've always just stuck a bar in between and levered it off lol
Thanks given by:
If its a HDi box surely its been changed to the push type clutch as well?
Thanks given by:
If its a push clutch which i think all 306 dervs are, the arm has to come off. Only ones which are pull is the 1.8 and TUs iirc.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Hdi is push too that's why you have vpto convert the box to fit a xud
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I didn't fit the box the previous owner did so I'm not sure what's been done an what hasn't. I'll have a look tomorrow what I can do with the clutch arm if nothing then it's bye bye clutch arm big grinders comin lol
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 10:02 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Hdi is push too that's why you have vpto convert the box to fit a xud

Ah, you convert the box for an XUD? Didn't realise that! Ignore me then. lol

(02-03-2014, 09:59 PM)Niall Wrote: If its a push clutch which i think all 306 dervs are, the arm has to come off. Only ones which are pull is the 1.8 and TUs iirc.

Wrong way round btw... Push is the nice simple one on TUs, 1.8s and HDi's. Pull is the awkward one on GTi, XUD and I'm guessing XSi as well.
Thanks given by: