setting up Bosch pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
setting up Bosch pump
Right could do with some help/advice on setting up my 11mm pump on the 205.

To get it to run I've had to move the throttle round 1 spline and screw the max fuel in as far as it will go (its very stiff and don't wanna turn it in any more just on case it brakes anything inside!) the throttle because I've turned it round 1 spline it's hitting the governor (if that what it is) so the throttle arm is not going all the way round.

I have managed to get it to start and idle ok but it's like there's no tuning left it in with the max fuel screw being in so far?

So any one shed some light on it gotta be something simple no doubt something messed up or dome wrong with it.

Thanks given by:
Seems odd...
My 11mm pump built by a fool (me) started and ran immediately on only a few threads of max fuel.

No fuel line issues?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not that I know of, what in the Fuel lines could cause an issue? Will have a nosey

Thanks given by:
Sounds like your throttle shaft wants playin with, slacken the 10mm nut on the arm unscrew it but leave the nut on a few threads pull the arm up, get a flat blade on the slot on top of throttle shaft and give it a turn put the arm back on and fire it up

Got to play with it till it's right,

When you start it up get it in 5th with foot on brakes and clutch down so if it runs away bang clutch up
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 04:32 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Sounds like your throttle shaft wants playin with, slacken the 10mm nut on the arm unscrew it but leave the nut on a few threads pull the arm up, get a flat blade on the slot on top of throttle shaft and give it a turn put the arm back on and fire it up

Got to play with it till it's right,

When you start it up get it in 5th with foot on brakes and clutch down so if it runs away bang clutch up

But when if I turn it back its gonna make it not idle, unless I go a long way round it pulls it back again? (if that makes sense? ) cos carnt turn it round more as it will be solid with the governor stopping it?

Thanks given by:
I cant really help as such, just be so careful because if you screw up it might fire up on full throttle and run away and you will shag everything... So in 5th gear foot on the clutch handbrake wrenched up every time you start it. Dont mean to talk down to you or treat you like a fool if it came off that way, just better safe than sorry lol!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 04:49 PM)Tom Wrote: I cant really help as such, just be so careful because if you screw up it might fire up on full throttle and run away and you will shag everything... So in 5th gear foot on the clutch handbrake wrenched up every time you start it. Dont mean to talk down to you or treat you like a fool if it came off that way, just better safe than sorry lol!

I understand we're your coming from but because I haven't got drive shafts in, or clutch arm (need one as mine is bent) I carnt do that the only way to stop it if it goes tits up is stop air getting in. I no it's not great way but the only way I have at the min.

Also with max Fuel being all the way in if it was gonna run away it should have already?

Thanks given by:
Is there a gearbox on there? And a clutch? If so the box is spinning without lube... Thats not ideal at all. I wouldnt be putting my hand over the inlet of a runaway diesel.

Thats the exact reason im telling you, an 11mm pump with the max fuel wound right in is just asking for trouble hence you could change something small on the pump and you could well feed the engine all that fuel. Then get the skin sucked off your hand lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Shove a bath towel over inlet. Too big to get sucked it. Mine ran abit on first start
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
I'd be worried about a thread catching the compressor and bending or snapping a fin off.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Well i stuck mine on the intercooler but i can see what your saying
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
He aint got intercooler/turbo piping setup...open manifold...so towel may work
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 08:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: He aint got intercooler/turbo piping setup...open manifold...so towel may work

Yer this

Anyway back on topic how can I fix it??

Thanks given by:
Issue is the throttle arm won't be in the right place as it was put on on a rough place due it being off when you gave it me. Itl most likely be maxing the throw on travel. There's your idles to play with and variation on the throttle arm itself.

Just be patient il look at it shortly. There was no rush you said lol impatient mr!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 10:18 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Issue is the throttle arm won't be in the right place as it was put on on a rough place due it being off when you gave it me. Itl most likely be maxing the throw on travel. There's your idles to play with and variation on the throttle arm itself.

Just be patient il look at it shortly. There was no rush you said lol impatient mr!

I am impatient and your a busy man ha ha! No doubt you will fix it in a matter of mins, but thought if theres anything simple I could try would give it a go, I understand what you say about the throttle arm......... God it's confusing me now has to be something simple there's me thinking I'm getting the hang of looking at the Bosch pumps ha ha.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,401 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,970 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,473 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby