Personal best

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal best
Yup after 66,000 miles the zx has a new PB.

562 miles for 46 litres, 55.4mpg! Long live the xud, winning.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Not even playing this game cos although my 60 something (on this engine) is quite good its not a patch on those who are getting over 70mpg
Thanks given by:
I agree 55 isn't all that amazing, however to average it over a whole tank and to be using 100% veg oil i'm pretty chuffed.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
I average 400 miles in my Xud, then i bought the 307 16v Hdi and it gets 32.5Mpg but thats all A roads, theirs no motorways near me.
Thanks given by:
I got 67.7mpg on a run in 106 but now it's on the Bosch I'm getting around 40mpg Sad bring on the 205 probably get more mpg with triple the power

Thanks given by:
Damn I miss the Golf, 60mpg average without even trying!

Currently doing about 30mpg in the 1.8 lol, gonna be walking when this tank of fuel runs out I reckon haha.
Thanks given by:
I once managed 55mpg in the 406 on WVO, this works out at an equivalent dino diesel mpg of around 412 Big Grin
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
No idea what mine does, will find out on the road trip soon though.
Thanks given by:
I have no idea how you guys get these figures. Most I get to a tank on a standard engine is 500 odd. Maybe!
Thanks given by:
http://www.mpg-calculator.co.uk/

This will help
Thanks given by:
Tbh its not hard to drive efficiently. Coasting in gear up to juntions/lights/roundabouts rather than full throttle and full brakes helps. Keep a constant speed, stop slowing down for corners, hold speed uphill and coast in gear down hill. Don't go above 60ish on the motorway (this is the one I really struggle with...and 80 uses a hell of a lot more fuel!). Keep in the right gear for the speed, the 1.8 will actually do 30+ in 5th which is handy. Plan ahead and ease off the throttle to maintain a speed rather than hammering up to some slow ass and then keep braking as they brake at every corner....its probably best to overtake those twats when possible as they're just throwing away their own and your fuel... Only use ~70% of the throttle for most accelerating, its bareky different to full throttle but will save fuel.

And most of all keep calm!! I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice how much more fuel I get through when stressed!
Thanks given by:
To be honest with what I'm looking at buying just now, 20+ in town and 30+ on a run will be an achievement lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Compared to diesel at £1.309 it means i am actually doing 96mpg.....
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
I struggle to get anywhere near 45-50 mpg in my focus tdci

Hmmm trying to think if I could put up with 2 306's in my life lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Which engines in the Focus? I managed about 47mpg average in the heavy Vectra lol
Thanks given by:
1.8 turbo think it's like 90bhp, I need to do the mpg calculator really as that figure is ball park.

although is twice as good as the rallye so can't moan to much Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Ah its the old 1.8! Thought it was the 1.6 equivalent to the 1.6 HDi.

Yeah with only 90bhp I'm not surprised it's struggling lol! Not sure how remappable they are, but with a bit of extra power you'd probably find the mpg increase tbh.
Thanks given by:
Iv driven the 1.6 Tdci Focus lots and could never get the average below 50mpg
Thanks given by:
Mrs got 78mpg in her 1.5nad recently
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Personal Christmas Thanks bigcheez2k3 8 2,102 06-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Niall
  personal references... declantg 3 1,117 27-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Dan!