This Seems Familiar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Seems Familiar
Well to start off with I'm glad I know what all the fuss has been about all day, seemed to miss the stuff that was on fb so was a little clueless.

Anyways, what you guys have done here reminds me of another forum I go on. It's a gaming forum and used to be part of a magazine publishing company, they never updated the software, changed the skin to something horrid and then one day said that we were going to be closed down and merged with the US forum.

None of us liked this so within 24 hours the community had set up it's own forum and within 36 hours everyone had moved across and the old one was dead. This was in August 2008 and we're still going strong now, surviving on paypal donations from the members. We've moved hosts a couple times to get better performance, survived a DDOS attack and so much other stuff.

tl;dr It's been done before so good luck :mrgreen: Hope this turns out aswell as that has.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the darkside Smile
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
161 posts in 2 days? Are you trying to stop Tom from getting the top spot Tongue
Thanks given by:
Pfft im not even top poster... yet Wink
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Connor, do you acutally work? Lol. How can you post so much in such a little space of time!? lol
Thanks given by:
Time off for xmas Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Already!? I have to wait until the 23rd Sad
Thanks given by:
Ive got all the time in the world

And yeah you can stay over on that other .net site and keep paying for foxys rims and have a broken forum or this is the better option? I fink so
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Time off for xmas Big Grin

Time off for christmas! I thought I had a lot! I've got two weeks till school breaks up yet! :violin:
Thanks given by:
bigcheez2k3 Wrote:Well to start off with I'm glad I know what all the fuss has been about all day, seemed to miss the stuff that was on fb so was a little clueless.

Anyways, what you guys have done here reminds me of another forum I go on. It's a gaming forum and used to be part of a magazine publishing company, they never updated the software, changed the skin to something horrid and then one day said that we were going to be closed down and merged with the US forum.

None of us liked this so within 24 hours the community had set up it's own forum and within 36 hours everyone had moved across and the old one was dead. This was in August 2008 and we're still going strong now, surviving on paypal donations from the members. We've moved hosts a couple times to get better performance, survived a DDOS attack and so much other stuff.

tl;dr It's been done before so good luck :mrgreen: Hope this turns out aswell as that has.
Many thanks buddy, cheers for signing up Smile I'm hoping the likes of DDOSing aren't attempted or even considered for that matter, but it's good to hear that your forum has kept going for the last 3 and a bit years!

We hope you like the site, stick up a project thread if you get a chance and post any feedback in the Bugs and Improvements section
Thanks given by:
Welcome across mate

Connor Wrote:Pfft im not even top poster... yet Wink

Haha are you actually trying to get top? Haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Time off for xmas Big Grin

Already? wtaf?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: