Hosepipe ban EA!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hosepipe ban EA!!
Ed Doe Wrote:Sounds like you guys need water boreholes.... :whistles:

/shamelessplug

Don't agree with that at all. When I worked on st George's hill (estate full of rich and famous twats), a few residents had boreholes dug. It all comes from the same place!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:
Ed Doe Wrote:Sounds like you guys need water boreholes.... :whistles:

/shamelessplug

Don't agree with that at all. When I worked on st George's hill (estate full of rich and famous lady garden), a few residents had boreholes dug. It all comes from the same place!

Yup, it does........the sky lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Don't agree with that at all. When I worked on st George's hill (estate full of rich and famous lady garden), a few residents had boreholes dug. It all comes from the same place!

Yes it all comes from the same place but you can take up to 20cubic m of water per 24hours without an extraction license. And the southeast (particularly up on the downs in the chalk) its an incredibly clean supply requiring only a debris and uv filter to conform to drinking standards...

What's not to agree with?!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
We dont have a borehole, but are totally self sufficient for our house / entire farm and also supply 4 other houses next door from our own filtered supply which is pumped from a spring on our farm. And our water turned out to be perfect also, requiring just a UV to be safe and some other thing they said you have to have, but tastes perfect.

That said, if your pulling water from the mains, you have to respect what they say....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:
Niall Wrote:Don't agree with that at all. When I worked on st George's hill (estate full of rich and famous lady garden), a few residents had boreholes dug. It all comes from the same place!

Yes it all comes from the same place but you can take up to 20cubic m of water per 24hours without an extraction license. And the southeast (particularly up on the downs in the chalk) its an incredibly clean supply requiring only a debris and uv filter to conform to drinking standards...

What's not to agree with?!

.fair enough. I didn't know that. That wasn't the case on st George's hill but now I think about it, they had their own resivoir so might have something to do with that.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
It's all bollox as if we are going to run out!!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What's annoying is that we live between two big rivers (stour and orwell) and next to the north sea.......surely the could use some of that water (with extra filtering lol)......there's plenty there!
Thanks given by:
Right simple solution. Get a old Emerson heater, fill it to the brim. Get a starter motor and fix it to a power steering pump. Fit pump to tank and hose to pump. Job done. Can't get told off as its not mains fed. And if you get some flexi water pipe, run it from the water main into the tank with a tap. Technically you haven't done anything wrong.....
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Why not just set up a rain barrel at the bottom of your drain, find a way of fitting a filter and then use Niall's idea of an electric pump fitted to some flexible water pipe.
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Why not just set up a rain barrel at the bottom of your drain, find a way of fitting a filter and then use Niall's idea of an electric pump fitted to some flexible water pipe.

Because we need rain to fill one. And if we had rain, we wouldn't be in this situation..... Lol.
However if you could cheaply filter it, you could filter your old shower/bath water and have that in a tank.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Indeed, as scott says, a water butt on the down spout from your house and then use that for the garden/washing your car and that way you can tell whoever you pay for your drains to take a hike as regards to run off water because it doesn't go down the drain Wink

Edit: - Nial, you would be amazed at the amount of water that comes off a house roof! wouldn't take much rain to re-fill it!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Indeed, as scott says, a water butt on the down spout from your house and then use that for the garden/washing your car and that way you can tell whoever you pay for your drains to take a hike as regards to run off water because it doesn't go down the drain Wink

Edit: - Nial, you would be amazed at the amount of water that comes off a house roof! wouldn't take much rain to re-fill it!

I know a lot does but think one of them tanks must be 200L? Still take a fair while. If you have a seperate pipe from your house for your bathroom (except toilet obviously lol) then I think you could quite easily filter that and the water boards will love you for recycling water.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
Dan! Wrote:Iv already decided im going to start showering every other day instead of eery day, and im going to half my shower time. That way I can still wash my car :romance-inlove:

We're supposed to only have 4 minute showers too lol..... Confusedhock:

oh i was in the shower for about an hour tonight lol
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
That's a good idea and I'm pretty sure cully already something like that set up! Iirc you can't use bath water tho niall.
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:That's a good idea and I'm pretty sure cully already something like that set up! Iirc you can't use bath water tho niall.

Why not? I know of quite a few people that use "grey water" for garden stuff.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:I know a lot does but think one of them tanks must be 200L? Still take a fair while. If you have a seperate pipe from your house for your bathroom (except toilet obviously lol) then I think you could quite easily filter that and the water boards will love you for recycling water.

This is true you could but my dad has a 6000L tank (yes 6000L its not a typo) which he uses for washing out, that is filled from the barn roof and is pretty much consistently overflowing, and that gets hammered 3 days a week! there is more than you think, trust me!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
My grandparents have 2 and it doesn't take that long to fill! All you need is on day of rain really, which might not be enough to solve the issue for the country but will give you a steady supply. The last time we had the drought, their garden looked awesome compared to neighbours as they could water their plants with that. Also, if you're on water meter it saves you money in the long run for gardening/washing cars as you won't be charged for it. It's a really good year-round solution!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:That's a good idea and I'm pretty sure cully already something like that set up! Iirc you can't use bath water tho niall.

Why not? I know of quite a few people that use "grey water" for garden stuff.

Can't remeber the reason but cully will confirm it when he cones on here. Smile

Also, mowle I guess that means you're not allowed to shower for a fortnight now then lol.
Thanks given by:
Fair play mark. I might actually look into something like this if I can filter it cheaply enough. Water here is very hard and as such you end up with white marks sometimes when cleaning the car. Also saves money when we get a water meter Sad
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Fair play mark. I might actually look into something like this if I can filter it cheaply enough. Water here is very hard and as such you end up with white marks sometimes when cleaning the car. Also saves money when we get a water meter Sad

Water filters are pretty cheap for a basic filter of say 25 microns Wink and you won't have the hard water issue if its fresh from the sky either, its got to be a win win situation right there lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
People on here are thinking that hosepipes are purely used for washing cars. Using a trigger attachment on a hose for washing a car wont use much mater. Agreed. The primary idea of a hosepipe ban is stopping people using sprinkler systems and/or hoses to water gardens etc. That uses ALOT of water
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
Ian Wrote:People on here are thinking that hosepipes are purely used for washing cars. Using a trigger attachment on a hose for washing a car wont use much mater. Agreed. The primary idea of a hosepipe ban is stopping people using sprinkler systems and/or hoses to water gardens etc. That uses ALOT of water

Yeah but let's face it. A lot of us on here don't give a f*ck about our gardens so we don't water them. We own 306s. We have better things to do like fix dodgy electrics and broken suspension.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:We own 306s. We have better things to do like fix dodgy electrics and broken suspension.

So surely a hosepipe ban means no cleaning the 306, more time to fix it. result! lol
Thanks given by:
Ian Wrote:
Niall Wrote:We own 306s. We have better things to do like fix dodgy electrics and broken suspension.

So surely a hosepipe ban means no cleaning the 306, more time to fix it. result! lol

Well if it don't move, it's got to look good. Needs to serve at least one purpose lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Lol. My Rallye is just sitting on the drive now. Must say, does stay shiny when it doesnt have to move.
Thanks given by:
My garden is watered by the rain, if it doesn't rain then the garden doesn't get watered! lol

Also if its not raining then the car doesn't need cleaning as much Big Grin mine has been clean for 3 whole days now, i'm well impressed!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:My garden is watered by the rain, if it doesn't rain then the garden doesn't get watered! lol

Also if its not raining then the car doesn't need cleaning as much Big Grin mine has been clean for 3 whole days now, i'm well impressed!

Hmm....mine doesn't stay clean when its dry! I washed it Sunday morning.....by Sunday afternoon it was covered in dust and dead bugs again! Sad
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Hmm....mine doesn't stay clean when its dry! I washed it Sunday morning.....by Sunday afternoon it was covered in dust and dead bugs again! Sad

Clean as in not looking like it hasn't been washed for a month by Monday night when it was actually washed on sunday as it has been the last lots (can't even remember how many) of times lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Hmm....mine doesn't stay clean when its dry! I washed it Sunday morning.....by Sunday afternoon it was covered in dust and dead bugs again! Sad

Clean as in not looking like it hasn't been washed for a month by Monday night when it was actually washed on sunday as it has been the last lots (can't even remember how many) of times lol

Haha fair point, havn't washed the silver one since Xmas.....its more anthracite atm lol. Just no point as it kept getting dirty instantly!
Thanks given by:
word is we'll be getting a ban coming in round these parts soon too. not that it bothers me, i dont even have a hose anyway!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by: