Hosepipe ban EA!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hosepipe ban EA!!
Morning,

From 5th April we're not allowed to use a hosepipe......wtf, with the shite pressure that anglian water give us I can't see a hose using more than a few buckets anyway! :roll:

Better wash the car lots between now and April then I guess! Wink

http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/E90894F6C ... B81CE.aspx

Tom
Thanks given by:
Iv already decided im going to start showering every other day instead of eery day, and im going to half my shower time. That way I can still wash my car :romance-inlove:
Thanks given by:
I need to get a bigger bucket then
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Iv already decided im going to start showering every other day instead of eery day, and im going to half my shower time. That way I can still wash my car :romance-inlove:

We're supposed to only have 4 minute showers too lol..... Confusedhock:
Thanks given by:
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..........................................

Nothing more to add really, no problems here, would be even better if we didn't keep piping all our water to different parts of the country, we has plenty though Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
But we are still expected to pay full price water bills.

I will still be using a hose and all my other watering needs... as normal thank you....
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Iv already decided im going to start showering every other day instead of eery day, and im going to half my shower time. That way I can still wash my car :romance-inlove:

I've done one better. Don't shower at all Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Toxic-Jake Wrote:But we are still expected to pay full price water bills.

I will still be using a hose and all my other watering needs... as normal thank you....

Unless you have a water meter and then you will clearly be charged less as you will be using less water won't you Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Toxic-Jake Wrote:But we are still expected to pay full price water bills.

Yep, because that's totally going to help the situation...

And if you were on a meter, it would make no odds as what you use is what you use....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
It sucks cos they changed the rules. You used to be able to fill buckets and wartering cans with the hose so I just kept the hose running in the can and held the can above the car but your not allowed now
Thanks given by:
If this happens where I am, I'm going to wash and polish the car just before and just go over it with speed detailer twice a week. Sorted!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
What exactly do they do if you get "caught" using a hosepipe?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
could get a feckoff large pipe reel and tie it to my car the next time i come down and make a scotland/england pipeline Tongue problem solved!
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
It is a bit silly. :S
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
lol like i am going to listen to that fack off ill use my hose pipe as much as i like lol
[Image: mintsig.jpg]
STAGE2 XUD DEAD ATM ENGINE REBUILD
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
COMING SOON TD04 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
f*ck me there are some idiotic people in this thread, "we have a hosepipe ban because there is a shortage of water so I'm going to ignore it completely until we run out of water and then moan like f*ck about having no water because we ignored the hosepipe ban..............." seriously?! this country is getting worse!

silverzx Wrote:It is a bit silly. :S

What's a bit silly, having a hosepipe ban because they are short of water?? So you think its better to carry on as everyone is without a ban and just have no water at all from around mid august until winter because it's all been used??

If you think about it you will find that its really quite sensible!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
It be rate lol
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:What exactly do they do if you get "caught" using a hosepipe?

You get a free colonic courtesy of your own hosepipe and water. lol

also I don't use a hosepipe as I don't clean my cars so no worries for me. A 4 minute shower might be tough going though
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
Having worked for a water company, it wont be alright... They dont just issue them willy nilly as its very bad publicity and wouldnt issue it unless they actually needed to
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Will be cleaning my car as usual...
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Same here am not stopping cleaning the car no chance.....
Thanks given by:
Well your clearly quite clever. As has been said, they dont do this for fun. If We do start to run out, they will cut supplies to houses all together and then you'll have to go and get your water from stand pipes at the end of the road in buckets. Want that?
It's a car for f*ck sake. It's not going to rot away if you don't wash it for a few weeks.....
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
If they were that desperately short of water all across the UK would be affected by this?

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Ok ok keep your bloody hair on......
Thanks given by:
No, each area has its own network of water, its not national
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What happened to sharing?

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:What happened to sharing?

I'm sure it's been thought of but can you imagine the costs of linking all the networks In the Country? People already moan at the cost of bills! Haha
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Most people in this thread have no idea...quite literally....Its not good spouting crap about shit you dont know about...if there getting short of water, id respect it....if you run out, your going to be seriously pissed, I can assure you bottled water is more expensive than out your tap no matter how bad you think your bill is...(for the reference, water down here in cornwall is most expensive anywhere in UK iirc?)

It costs alot of water / energy moving water all around the country, so this kinda thing will only up your bill even more...

Water to drink, or water to wash your car?

I know what Id pick in a shortage...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Water to drink, or water to wash your car?

I know what Id pick in a shortage...

Yeah, but we've all seen your car Tongue
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
silverzx Wrote:It is a bit silly. :S

What's a bit silly, having a hosepipe ban because they are short of water?? So you think its better to carry on as everyone is without a ban and just have no water at all from around mid august until winter because it's all been used??

If you think about it you will find that its really quite sensible!

I don't think the actual bans silly I just don't see how they're going to reinforce it.. :?

Hose-pipe prevention officers? Thats what I find silly.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by: