Advice needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed
A garage up the road from me has got a blue 306 ph1dturbo round the back, it's been there for about 7 years and there is no engine in the car, I'm going to go round and make him a cheeky bid, what do you reckon I should bid him?
Thanks given by:
Scrap value at most
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
That's what I was thinking would be an ideal project motor though bodywork looks spot on
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't offer more than £100 tbh maybe a little more if the body's mint
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Could be a lot of rust though, hence why he hasnt bothered with it. If you got the time and patience to fix it though then go and save a phase win Big Grin
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Smile I had a look round it whilst he was shut and I can't see a spec of rust on it anywhere, only fault I could find was a touch of lacquer peel on the bonnet, I reckon I'll go to a max of 150 if it's a nice low mileage shell but if he wants more than that I'll walk away
Thanks given by:
Yep start even lower can only say no, at scrap value nothing gained nothing lost Smile

Trying to get a mini mayfair from this old guy in my village atm he being a stubborn bastard though lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Being a garage he'll know the current price of scrap and it's relatively high at the moment. The shell with just the engine removed will weigh in for about £150. Knowing what they're like he probably won't need the space and would make more using the parts off it as and when he needs them, so would opt to let it rot for a bit longer rather than take weigh in value now. I bet you'll have to bid more.
Thanks given by:
Where you scrapping cars? Scraps £80 per ton it's just dropped 306 weighs top end of 1100 without box and engine your lucky to get £80
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Scrap around here is about £80 to ton here too.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Last I heard someone got £120 for a Volvo V70, that's easily a tonne and a half...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah the cars only worth 80quid
Thanks given by:
Just checked the prices, sorry had my finger off the pulse. Jan £140/ton. Feb £100/ton
Still bet the garage won't sell cheap. They're all in it for what they can get.
Sell a few parts then wait for the price of scrap to go up.
You're better off finding someone with one that has just been taken off the road and they need it shifting off the drive quick because the wife wants to park her new car there.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Advice Needed! EzRyder 6 1,273 21-11-2017, 10:47 AM
Last Post: EzRyder
Rainbow Advice needed on selling my 3rd car Welshy_Pete 9 1,557 21-09-2015, 06:56 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  URGENT HELP ! MOT ADVICE NEEDED Orta 17 2,770 15-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Iceman299