bosch pump help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bosch pump help
I'm fairly new to bosch pumps, but I have one, with the max fuel turned Ryt up just before the idle revs pick up by themselves,lda grinded down and boost compensator screwed Ryt down in flush with the nut and running a t2 at 1.2 bar pressure, and getting very little smoke....., should I not be filling the road? Lol
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 10:17 PM)DTurboDave93 Wrote: I'm fairly new to bosch pumps, but I have one, with the max fuel turned Ryt up just before the idle revs pick up by themselves,lda grinded down and boost compensator screwed Ryt down in flush with the nut and running a t2 at 1.2 bar pressure, and getting very little smoke....., should I not be filling the road? Lol

boost compensator wants to be screwed out really, but in it should give more smoke, turn max fuel up some more and lower ldle with screws on back of pump . .also i'd try and get that psi up another 5 if it were me, some people would say more . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
No smoke is good.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
My LDA screw is fully removed.
Have you removed the plastic LDA ring/washer to let it drop down further?

Any adjustment yet to the idle screws?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 11:16 PM)Piggy Wrote: My LDA screw is fully removed.
Have you removed the plastic LDA ring/washer to let it drop down further?

Any adjustment yet to the idle screws?

I know no smoke is good, means she's clearing and actually burning it lol, down quite a few d'turbo, my gold one is running a lucus pump and gt15 turbo, putting out 130 bhp on the dyno, but it's my first time playing with a bosch pump, just really though somthing was wrong, coz it's not a overly big amount of boost, max fuel Ryt up, and compensator is turn in, so I was expecting aloof smoke bit just a wee bit....., Gona have a look at the filter in the tank and see if it's clogged up restricting desiel,but she's not spluttering or anything, but I guess it's worth a look, will also try dropping the idle and more max fuel, and I left the wee washer in the compensator,will try without it too,thanks for the reply guys! Smile
Thanks given by:
You got standard exhaust on??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 11:35 PM)Piggy Wrote: You got standard exhaust on??

Straight through, from the manifold, only way to have it Wink
Thanks given by:
Fair enough.
run veg?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Straight through from the manifold, only way to have it Wink

(25-02-2014, 11:38 PM)DTurboDave93 Wrote:

No just desiel

Sorry for any spelling mistakes or double posts on my fone lol

No just desiel
Thanks given by:
Should be smoking like hell to be honest.

Get the lda setup right, and drop idle a bit with the main idle screw, adjust, and report back
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Might sound daft but go check your getting full throttle, put a brick on the pedal then go under bonnet and make sure the throttle arm is as far as it will go, If not do some adjusting, I had a similar problem when I first tryed to tune my pump, went from no power to slipping clutch when Jenks (forum member) worked out what I done wrong.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,401 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,971 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,473 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby