'Cheap' Refubrished Beams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Cheap' Refubrished Beams
Just browsing ebay as you do lol, and came across a 306 that had an axledirect beam fitted...hadn't heard of them before so checked them out and it seems they've got a sale on atm.

Ok they're still not actually cheap lol, but seems a good price for a recon one imo, just thought it might be useful for someone on here. Smile

http://www.axledirect.com/store/product_...vetpnervu3

Tom
Thanks given by:
Bargin!!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I don't see why people don't rebuild them themselves to be fair. Its not as hard as it seems just takes patience. If you take a look on 205gtidrivers they have q great guide on homepage for 205 axle. Basically the same

But also that is a feckin good price
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I was thinking of refurbishing my gti6 beam for my hdi, they're both still good, but you never know.

Edit: suppose at £239 it's not worth the trouble of doing it your selfs, but are they any good?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its not actually hard, but most of us don't have a press at home, or a good enough puller for the bearings etc.

I've seen Gretsch-Drummers guide on the GTi beam rebuild (its on a few forums) and for the cost of the parts, time and effort needed and the lack of certain tools (would have to get garage to press things etc) it seems worth it to buy a complete refurbed axle with warranty imo. Obviously if you can do it yourself then go ahead. Smile
Thanks given by:
nononono

Avoid these guys like the plague. I've heard far too many "problems" with their supposedly rebuilt axles.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 09:38 PM)Martin306 Wrote: nononono

Avoid these guys like the plague. I've heard far too many "problems" with their supposedly rebuilt axles.

Oh really? How hard can it be to replace some bearings and seals with all the right tools lol? 2 year warranty as well, so surely they've gotta last that at least?
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 09:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Its not actually hard, but most of us don't have a press at home, or a good enough puller for the bearings etc.

I've seen Gretsch-Drummers guide on the GTi beam rebuild (its on a few forums) and for the cost of the parts, time and effort needed and the lack of certain tools (would have to get garage to press things etc) it seems worth it to buy a complete refurbed axle with warranty imo. Obviously if you can do it yourself then go ahead. Smile

Yeah that's why I'm now thinking specially when you think it's £100 to get a beam lowered as well. Probably cheaper and easier to just get them to sort one.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Soooooo they don't replace the knackered shaft it self?

"Our rear axles are dismantled, cleaned, resprayed and completely rebuilt with new radius / trailing arm bearings and seals to original factory specification."

They're asking a lot just for new bearings and seals...

Divs.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, hadn't noticed that tbh, just assumed they'd replace the shafts!
Thanks given by:
Add up all the parts, I mean OE not pattern and you'll come to more than that alone. They do supply ECP as well
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
*Refurbished
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
i still can't recommend these guys enough!
I delivered car on a Bank holiday monday and picked car up on the wednesday didn't need to touch the car

http://sspengineering.co.uk/
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 08:59 AM)cully Wrote: i still can't recommend these guys enough!
I delivered car on a Bank holiday monday and picked car up on the wednesday didn't need to touch the car

£420 isn't bad at all fitted as well . . . . i remember my first beam change, i asked a local garage how much to fit the beam i'd bought and they said £300, i just walked away laughing and did it myself . . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 09:13 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

£420 isn't bad at all fitted as well . . . . i remember my first beam change, i asked a local garage how much to fit the beam i'd bought and they said £300, i just walked away laughing and did it myself . . . Smile

Easy enough to change your self really. Cully is that price based on exchange for old beam?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:

Indeed!
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 10:07 AM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(26-02-2014, 09:13 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

Easy enough to change your self really. Cully is that price based on exchange for old beam?

when my car went in there they had no gti6 beams in stock so they referbed my beam

they had 100's of beams lined up ready to refurb though

as for exchange i dont know give them a ring im sure he wont bite
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 09:46 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(25-02-2014, 09:38 PM)Martin306 Wrote: nononono

Oh really? How hard can it be to replace some bearings and seals with all the right tools lol? 2 year warranty as well, so surely they've gotta last that at least?

Because they don't replace the stub pins, unless they are fubar. They simply smooth them off.

2 year warranty doesn't mean anything. Peugeot 106's came with 10 or 12 year on the sills from the factory!

It just means you'll be inconvenienced by having to change your axle prematurely. I know someone who has had 2 axles from them and BOTH failed within a year. third time the axle was pulled apart and it was the stub pin eating the bearings. f*cking cowboys. Look how "cheap" they are compared to the likes of IMAxle.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Swapping Beams silverzx 8 2,599 01-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Last Post: puglove