Sedan SRDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sedan SRDT
Well,

Just went and bought Sedan number 3 and 306 number 4. This is the first d turbo so im just lookin for so hints and tips about setting up the pump and turbo. I have a rough idea but im sure theres a few lads out there that could tell me a thing or two haha.

144k srdt sedan.

Bosch pump and kkk turbo.

I have turned the max fuel about a third of a turn and turned the boost compensator a full turbo. There is a hint of smoke as she boosts but nothing much to write home about Havent touched the turbo yet as i havent had time so a few questions.

Should i tweek turbo and pump together or am i wasting my time setting up pump first then the blower?

Im not looking to fill the road with reek so is it best then to leave the pump alone for now?

And lastly, is it worth it to change the turbo from the kkk to a standard garrett turbo?

Ps. Lookin a bit more power but not a heap of coal or making it more unreliable. Cheers
Thanks given by:
There's a lot that can be done. Plenty of info floating around here Smile

And get some pictures up! Had a couple of sedans myself and have a big love for them!
Thanks given by:
Welcome along! Check out the guides section, theres loads of info in there about tuning the pump, and as Carlos says....get some pics up! lol

Have you got a boost gauge installed yet? If not, get one on there so you can see whats going on, then adjust pump/turbo to suit. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club. Not a dturbo man myself but many on here are. I am sure you will find all the information you need Smile
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2014, 12:49 AM)Sedan Styling Wrote: Well,

Just went and bought Sedan number 3 and 306 number 4. This is the first d turbo so im just lookin for so hints and tips about setting up the pump and turbo. I have a rough idea but im sure theres a few lads out there that could tell me a thing or two haha.

144k srdt sedan.

Bosch pump and kkk turbo.

I have turned the max fuel about a third of a turn and turned the boost compensator a full turbo. There is a hint of smoke as she boosts but nothing much to write home about Havent touched the turbo yet as i havent had time so a few questions.

Should i tweek turbo and pump together or am i wasting my time setting up pump first then the blower?

Im not looking to fill the road with reek so is it best then to leave the pump alone for now?

And lastly, is it worth it to change the turbo from the kkk to a standard garrett turbo?

Ps. Lookin a bit more power but not a heap of coal or making it more unreliable. Cheers

turn the pump up then adjust the turbo to burn as clean as possible . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2014, 10:58 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: turn the pump up then adjust the turbo to burn as clean as possible . .Smile

Awaids thread 'my headgaskets shit itself'...
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2014, 01:45 PM)Carlos182 Wrote:
(24-02-2014, 10:58 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: turn the pump up then adjust the turbo to burn as clean as possible . .Smile

Awaids thread 'my headgaskets shit itself'...

lol
Thanks given by:
Any pics of the ride?
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by: