Dreamer on gumtree with a HDI

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreamer on gumtree with a HDI
I have been searching through for a new hdi as i sold mine last week and really want another one already (embarrassing i know).

There are some nice ones but this bloke must be mad and is a joker surely. I rang him and the price is what he is after:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motor...1050007304

I know its clean but its never worth that surely, dreamer :/
Thanks given by:
Very nice but not worth that no way! 1,200max

Thanks given by:
Definitely got his head in the clouds that one! lol

It'd have to be seriously clean for me to even consider spending £1500 on an HDi, let alone £2200! Nospeak
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
bloke got arsey when i phoned him said is it a typo and supposed say £1200, would seriously considered it then..

He said i have spent £3000 on it and want some money back, so was it a dog before?
Thanks given by:
Lol, not even Y reg! And bloody 17s...and too low at the back...

Now I know that's personal preference but anyone spending top dollar on a minter wants something mint...not something uncomfortable and impractical! lol
Thanks given by:
it was more the milage tom, wanted something low as im doing alot of motorway miles and wish to keep the car a few years.

It is so hard to find one though at the minute and you can get alot newer car for the money of what some people are charging for them, i should not have sold mine really..

I think half the problem is i want a three door not a 5 door ideally but i need a car this week so will have to be whats available, but even thats a struggle to find a decent one currently

his texting skills are appauling to, proper thinks he is gangster makes me chuckle..
Thanks given by:
Mileage really isnt a concern when looking at these though, hell if it's low milage i'd ask why? Maybe its never working right to get the mileage up hence the sale.
2.2 grand is a joke though, maybe if factory fresh standard condition and someone was an idiot
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'm not saying its a bad car for you...but its for the price!

Mileage isn't really relevant tbh, I'd rather buy one on ~120k that's had a clutch, cambelt and lift pump than one on 80k with those things about to fail personally. Smile
Thanks given by:
To be honest, these cars are so old now you should buy on condition rather than mileage. Simon (C2K on here) is selling his which is in very good nick (better than mine!) but has done many more miles. Does that make it a worse car? No, I don't think so.

You want something that's been looked after, if it's 14/15 years old and hasn't done that many miles there's a possibility it's been laid up somewhere to rot, or has been bought by the wrong kind of user and only been used for very short journeys - it will be all coked up if that's the case.

I was seriously considering selling mine a few weeks back, but can't afford anything newer that I like, so clinging onto it for now.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
yeah its just hard to find one that isnt a pile of crap, i dont even mind travelling miles aswell..

The ones i have seen are just shite or have stuff wrong that isnt disclosed, beginning to think i am being picky :/

i dont mind paying a bit for one but not paying no where near that for one, jesus id expect a far newer car for £2000
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 09:17 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: To be honest, these cars are so old now you should buy on condition rather than mileage. Simon (C2K on here) is selling his which is in very good nick (better than mine!) but has done many more miles. Does that make it a worse car? No, I don't think so.

You want something that's been looked after, if it's 14/15 years old and hasn't done that many miles there's a possibility it's been laid up somewhere to rot, or has been bought by the wrong kind of user and only been used for very short journeys - it will be all coked up if that's the case.

I was seriously considering selling mine a few weeks back, but can't afford anything newer that I like, so clinging onto it for now.

So true.

Mines done 312k miles now and it drives, looks cleaner and handles better then my brother wifes 206 that's only done 60k miles.
Thanks given by:
just wish i could bloody find one for sale, someone must have one
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 09:28 PM)mspdan Wrote: just wish i could bloody find one for sale, someone must have one

How about a Vectra?

Only 106k, 7 years newer and tonnes more spec than the Gumtree HDI...and only £800 more. Wink
Thanks given by:
Why not buy Simons? I think his is on 250k but like said above it's in good condition.
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 09:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(23-02-2014, 09:28 PM)mspdan Wrote: just wish i could bloody find one for sale, someone must have one

How about a Vectra?

Only 106k, 7 years newer and tonnes more spec than the Gumtree HDI...and only £800 more. Wink

i looked at a 2007 1.9cdti sri for £1500 but i had an astra and hated that and my mates dad has a 2004 vectra and we are forever fixing it, which does put me off them.

(23-02-2014, 09:31 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Why not buy Simons? I think his is on 250k but like said above it's in good condition.

i didnt even know he had one for sale..
Thanks given by:
You'd be bored without something to fix.....why else would you buy a 306. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 09:37 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You'd be bored without something to fix.....why else would you buy a 306. Tongue

this is true mate, cant argue with that one
Thanks given by:
Bit too low on 17s. Probs £1200 max. It looks very tidy though. I hate the description though. How do people expect to sell things with such crap ads. "wont let me put my add in but if u txt or mail me al give all details.cheers"
Thanks given by:
Thought he had pics on my car looking at the add then. Think I need a 306 in another colour too many moonstones around that look same
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Bit dear me ode
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 09:34 PM)mspdan Wrote: i didnt even know he had one for sale..

Not sure if it's officially for sale yet, or maybe he sold it. Definitely worthwhile giving him a ring.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
My moonstone 5dr is for sale ...y reg and only 107k not mint but cheap
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2014, 10:50 AM)gavxud Wrote: My moonstone 5dr is for sale ...y reg and only 107k not mint but cheap

I also have 5 door moonstone for sale soon.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
A practical diesel with good handling that has had the handling and practicality ruined by being slammed with silly, huge wheels and low profile tyres...
lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
he is off his head asking that price some people nowadays ay lol.
Thanks given by:
HDi D-Turbo's are desirable and not all that easy to come by, still overpriced though.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gumtree for selling cars ? maxaret 20 3,774 13-10-2016, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  1 owner ph1 1.9d on gumtree Iceman299 12 1,784 04-12-2014, 07:57 PM
Last Post: londondan86
  Like a French Gumtree... C.A.R. 8 1,910 17-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Alex