Rempa files

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rempa files
Please excuse my seriously stupid question, and please feel free to give sarcastic responses..

i used to own a 306 HDi which i had both S1 and S2 remaps for. i now have another HDi, 6 months younger than my old one, but i cannot remember if the ECU numbers are the same... :-(

would i be correct in thinking that i am going to clusterf*** my ECU if i put a map file on from a different numbered ECU..?
Thanks given by:
In a word, yes.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
figures..

thought i'd ask the question before i did something really bloody stupid..
Thanks given by:
yeah the ecu codes have to be the same... what reg are they both? small chance they could of same ecu but not really worth it.

my old hdi was a w reg, so is my new hdi and luckily enough they both had same ecu. but theyre virtually same car.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
easy check the map files for the hardware/software versions before flashing
or send me the map files and i will tell you the hardware/software version the map is for

gremlins4uAThotmail.com
Thanks given by:
Yes the codes have to be the same. I have heard people putting the map on a different ecu number but I would never do it myself!
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 07:20 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: yeah the ecu codes have to be the same... what reg are they both? small chance they could of same ecu but not really worth it.

my old hdi was a w reg, so is my new hdi and luckily enough they both had same ecu. but theyre virtually same car.

previous car was X, current is a Y..

Cully, you have an email :-)
Thanks given by:
the map you emailed
lh_4827-125map.bin
ECU hardware 0281 010 362
ECU software 1037 35 3148
Thanks given by:
My current ECU is 592.. no good then. looks like i'll stump up for a new map file then.

thank you very much for looking, much appreciated.
Thanks given by:
Also, worth noting you can't ALWAYS copy a specific ecu number to the same car. There are some minor version changes and it is still possible to brick the ecu copying what you think may be a known good file.

Your best bet is always have a map written for that specific car, there are a number of us doing the maps and tbh we all do them so cheap you'd be daft not to!!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reading map files my-first-306 8 2,151 15-11-2014, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Uberderv
  hdi map files the milkman 5 1,493 06-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Last Post: jammapic