De cat options...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
De cat options...
Today I decided to make a start on my home made straight pipe for my 1.9td, the plan was to take the whole exhaust off, cut out the cat and boxes and weld some pipe in place of them. Easy.

But, one of the the nuts that hold the down pipe on had been rounded by a previous owner, this leaves me unable to get access to cut the cat out and weld in a pipe as I wouldn't be able to get all the way around it while it is on the car, I have tried mole grips on the nut and no success as there is no room to move them around.

Would i be able to cut down the bottom of the cat, open it up a bit and bash out the internals and weld it back up? Or would i not be able to empty it out completely?
It's not a huge problem if i can't de cat, but ideally, i would like it.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!! Smile
Thanks given by:
I just bought the down pipe for a 94 DT, had no cat as standard and was also a larger bore
Thanks given by:
That was the plan at first, but i can't get the down pipe off my car due to the nuts being rounded off
Thanks given by:
I would just take it to an exhaust place and they will get it off easily i would have thought. I paid to have my decat fitted as I thought the buts would round and sure enough the manifold stud sheared off and they had it replaced and everything. Took about 20 minutes and £15 for the whole thing!
Thanks given by:
Get some new bolts, they're a worthwhile investment. Saw the old ones off. Put some coppergrease on the threads before fitting.

http://www.autocarparts4u.co.uk/product....product=33
Thanks given by:
That is a very useful link, thankyou!! think i will see if i can cut them off somehow and get one of those kits Smile

also can't take it to an exhaust place just yet as its not on the road at the min, but thats a pretty good price!
Thanks given by:
get an exhuast pipe with out a cat.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-Ha...0869440434
Thanks given by: