Changing Gearbox and clutch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Gearbox and clutch
I don't see the fuss about air ratchets tbh, just kept catching my knuckles using one around the bay! I prefer using manual tools for that.

Impact gun on the other hand is so useful for heavier work! Wheel nuts, hub nuts, crank pulley, suspension work etc!
Thanks given by:
Your Clarke one has no problem removing hub nuts? Recommend it?
@ Tom from his clutch guide.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, has been awesome tbh...I was told not to get a mains powered one as they're not torquey enoug....but it hasn't let me down yet! Hub nuts removed from several 306s without issue now, as well as numerous other things!

Was pretty cheap as well tbh, don't know if they've gone up since though.

Hmm, seems they have gone up since! I only paid £35 for mine, though may have been a sale at the time.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produc...act-wrench
Thanks given by:
Bit off topic, but for someone who works a lot on their own driveway i can't recommend something like that ^^^ enough. Cuts a massive chunk off your job time for a lot of components, especially anything suspension-related.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 08:48 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Was pretty cheap as well tbh, don't know if they've gone up since though.

Hmm, seems they have gone up since! I only paid £35 for mine, though may have been a sale at the time.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produc...act-wrench

Cheers, and yeah seems a bit steep now for what it is, seeing as reading back through google/forums it used to be a lot cheaper! One of those if I'd just bought it years ago it would have paid for itself already tools... might have to just bite the bullet!
Thanks given by:
Got this today to keep me busy over the weekend! Also my Gearbox came but its at my nans house ready for me to make a mess on her drive.

[Image: IMG_0163_zps2805abd9.jpg]

As your all talking about Impact Guns, thought I'd post a pic of this Itwasntme

[Image: IMG_0165_zpsd8075a8a.jpg]

Not even going to tell you how much it cost
Thanks given by:
Lol...how long does the battery last though? I have a cordless drill and hate it, its always bloody flat! lol
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 06:43 PM)LewisG Wrote: Got this today to keep me busy over the weekend! Also my Gearbox came but its at my nans house ready for me to make a mess on her drive.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for your clutch kit?
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 07:49 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote:
(26-02-2014, 06:43 PM)LewisG Wrote: Got this today to keep me busy over the weekend! Also my Gearbox came but its at my nans house ready for me to make a mess on her drive.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for your clutch kit?

I got it at trade price, £80ish
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom flywheel and clutch and lsd gearbox vinny 0 930 06-01-2020, 10:12 PM
Last Post: vinny