moving to the derv side

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
moving to the derv side
First off hello everyone I currently own a 206 1.1 and its my first year driving apart from nimrods and gti seats its standard and slow

As I've had it now for 6 months Im in progress of looking for my second car (hopefully a mod friendly one too)

After scouring ebay and autotrader for weeks ive decided upon a 2.0 hdi 306 the insurance is £400 cheaper than a golf or anything similar and they have aged so well, I think a decent example of one looks very nice even when up against some new cars.Also I could believe how cheap they are selling for £1000 should be able to get me good car with service history (preferably blue,black,white,silver or the bright red). The running costs also outweigh most petrol cars (apart from the tax). Other cars ive looked at are the golf 1.9 tdi , golf 1.6 ,306 1.8 meridian and the corsa 1.8 sri 125bhp. Hopefully with the list of mods I have planned for the 306 it should be able to keep up with the mentioned cars and possibly exceed my expectations.

Sooo hello everyone hopefully I'll keep up to date on the forum (although I dont have a 306 just yet) and any pointers or information I should know before I go hunting for one.

thanks
Thanks given by:
Hi and welcome. And to answer your question a 306 hdi with a simple stage 1 map would keep up no probs. Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Whalecum!
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
thanks for the info and welcomes cant wait to get something with a bit of poke
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, any particular reason you've plumped for the HDi as opposed to the XUD (DTurbo)? Just as a matter of curiosity of course, i'm not saying you've made a bad choice! Big Grin

(23-02-2014, 08:05 PM)deggerz Wrote: Whalecum!

Nice. lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club. I highly recommend the HDI. it is more defined than the dturbo. With a stage 1 map you are looking at 125hp. They sound good with a decat and then once youve got bored of that you can fit an intercooler and a uprated clutch and aim for 160hp. Youll be getting around 50mpg the whole time too! Get it sorted!
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 08:05 PM)deggerz Wrote: Whalecum!

Nice. lol
[/quote]

Livens it up a bit Smile
Thanks given by: