D turbo problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D turbo problem
turning fueling up on bosch pump but the revs go up with it whats going on??
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you've turned the pump up too far.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
id only gave it 1 full turn ish and there wasnt much improvement only thing happend was revs went up on idle
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2014, 01:21 PM)01joelh Wrote: id only gave it 1 full turn ish and there wasnt much improvement only thing happend was revs went up on idle

that's what happens mate, have you read the tuning guide on here? . . . .one full turn on the fuel screw is a fcuking lot by the way, also you won't see much improvement without tightening the wastegate on the turbo (increasing the psi) . . . .you need to lower the idle back down using the hot/cold isle screws on the back of the pump . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
You need to drop the idle pretty simple really unless you have run out of idle adjustment then you need to look at other options like grinding the throttle arm or moving it one spline

Thanks given by:
ive messed with idle screws lowered it down a tiny bit guess only options is tighting the waste gate see what happens then
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2014, 01:37 PM)01joelh Wrote: ive messed with idle screws lowered it down a tiny bit guess only options is tighting the waste gate see what happens then

don't mean to offend you mate but you clearly need to do a bit of reading up . . . what did you expect to happen from just turning the fuel up? . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
ive read up a few guides and the say you can turn it few turns so wondered what heck was going on when i turned one turn and i ended up with high revs
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2014, 01:40 PM)01joelh Wrote: ive read up a few guides and the say you can turn it few turns so wondered what heck was going on when i turned one turn and i ended up with high revs

how high are the revs? . . . .what i mean is you won't really get any more power from just turning up the fuel, you need the extra boost to burn it or you'll just smoke every fcuker out and fcuk your car up . .Smile
Thanks given by:
say a turn and abit and it was on 2000 revs
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2014, 01:43 PM)01joelh Wrote: say a turn and abit and it was on 2000 revs

like i said to you one full turn is a lot, plus you're not to know that it hasn't already been turned up, have you got a boost gauge because you need one, how much boost is she running?
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2014, 01:40 PM)01joelh Wrote: ive read up a few guides and the say you can turn it few turns so wondered what heck was going on when i turned one turn and i ended up with high revs

No guides on here will say to turn it a FEW turns!!!

One turn is a lot.

Drop the idle screw right back.

But I would do a quarter turn at a time, and similar amount on the wastegate arm, and with a boost gauge and a empty road get the levels right that way.

Done any supporting mods?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
the seal was on the screw still snapped it off... its running after i fiddled with it about 14psi ive got it to
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2014, 01:54 PM)01joelh Wrote: the seal was on the screw still snapped it off... its running after i fiddled with it about 14psi ive got it to

well you need to sort the turbo next, do you know which one you've got?
Thanks given by:
yer the kkk one
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2014, 01:56 PM)01joelh Wrote: yer the kkk one

k14 yeah, ok well that's easy to adjust, undo the locknut, then put and allen key through the socket still on the locknut and tighten the wastegate all the way in, then just back it off a little bit, tighten the locknut by hand while still holding the allen key and then nip it up the last bit with your ratchet . . . Smile

that's more or less with a couple of other bits what got me the dyno results below my sig picture . .
Thanks given by:
This is from the bosch guide dan put up
Quote:3. Fuel screw

The fuel screw (Located on the right side of the pump) controls the injection length. By turning this screw in you will increase the length of time the pump injects fuel per stroke, and thus end up with more fuel, or smoke. Increasing the injection length will cause the fuel to burn at a hotter temperature and means you get less efficient combustion.

However, it is the simplest way of increasing the fuel and as long as you donâ??t go mad it wont have a noticeable impact on efficiency. At a certain point, usually after turning it in around 6 full turns from stock, it will cause the idle to rise to ~3000rpm. When this happens the fuelling limit for a â??stockâ?? pump is almost reached. You will need to turn the fuel screw back out marginally until the idle drops back down and claw back a little extra fuel elsewhere. The only other simple mod you can do to increasing fuelling from here is an LDA rotate/grind.
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
well i bet i didn't turn mine in much more than a full turn to get where i am now so go figure . .Smile
Thanks given by:
I highly doubt your having issues controlling the idle you just dont know what your doing lol. If the idle screw is all the way out then you need to wind the minimum throttle travel screw out, or is it the other way round? Meh who cares. Then if your idle is still high can can look at chopping the pump up and bending shit. But i really really doubt your anywhere near that point.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Well I've tighten the wastegate up and gauge says 20psi plus but it doesn't seem to me pulling a lot
Thanks given by:
Whats the smoke situation like?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem turbo pressure gt2056s niciou 6 2,941 30-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Last Post: niciou
  oil problem after turbo change willJspears 15 2,654 27-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Last Post: willJspears
  possible turbo problem? willJspears 5 1,455 27-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Last Post: willJspears