pp2000

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pp2000
Can anyone inform me who has a pp 2000 that can plug into mine. I live in Welshpool and are prepared to travel to the midlands/Cheshire/ lancs area`s. Have posted on the couch with no success, hoping I will get a reply on here. Cheers.
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2014, 11:46 AM)happypug Wrote: Can anyone inform me who has a pp 2000 that can plug into mine. I live in Welshpool and are prepared to travel to the midlands/Cheshire/ lancs area`s. Have posted on the couch with no success, hoping I will get a reply on here. Cheers.

Ive got it, BUT I need a little info prior to you poping by. What is it you need sorting out, and is your motor fitted with a BSI?. Reason being, my interface has some issues, which ive had to learn how to work around. Nameley lol, I have to shift the wires round the 16 pin terminal for each specific ecu I test. Sounds complicated, but its not to be fair, and ive rectified all my cars issues :-)
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2014, 09:01 PM)phil clark Wrote:
(22-02-2014, 11:46 AM)happypug Wrote: Can anyone inform me who has a pp 2000 that can plug into mine. I live in Welshpool and are prepared to travel to the midlands/Cheshire/ lancs area`s. Have posted on the couch with no success, hoping I will get a reply on here. Cheers.

Ive got it, BUT I need a little info prior to you poping by. What is it you need sorting out, and is your motor fitted with a BSI?. Reason being, my interface has some issues, which ive had to learn how to work around. Nameley lol, I have to shift the wires round the 16 pin terminal for each specific ecu I test. Sounds complicated, but its not to be fair, and ive rectified all my cars issues :-)
Hi. Firstly it does have bsi fitted. My issue is that I have intermittent start probs. it starts fine in morning one day, the next it`s ok but will not start again unless I turn key for second time. It`s getting annoying now, it has to be electrical hence my request for pp2000. Hope you can help. Every time I switch off I`m unsure it will start first time. Hope you can help, Cheers
Thanks given by:
For future reference, all the hdis are fitted with the bsi system.

Never heard of that problem with pp2000 before, do you have to rearrange much?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've had that problem on my hdi and so has my friend but my old y reg china never did. You turn the key and it cranks at the right speed but never catches? Someone has told me it's a fueling issue ie the fuel doesn't pump around. Not sure if true but I find it only happens very rarely.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Sorry about the delay, ive been away with work. Im now on holiday "ALL" week, so Asside from Thursday, pick a day, and time, and im here. Must Add, I own a hdi (T plate 1999) without a bsi box fitted, which operates on KWP 2000 protocols. It was one of the very first 306's fitted with the HDI Engine. Nothing goes through the CAN pins on the 16 pin plug connector, and the immo's located below the heater controls. Its a bit of a strugg to be fair, as it was owned by Peugeot as a demo car.
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 09:10 AM)phil clark Wrote: Sorry about the delay, ive been away with work. Im now on holiday "ALL" week, so Asside from Thursday, pick a day, and time, and im here. Must Add, I own a hdi (T plate 1999) without a bsi box fitted, which operates on KWP 2000 protocols. It was one of the very first 306's fitted with the HDI Engine. Nothing goes through the CAN pins on the 16 pin plug connector, and the immo's located below the heater controls. Its a bit of a strugg to be fair, as it was owned by Peugeot as a demo car.

Hi. Where are you in Stafford? forward your phone no to arrange day/time. As far as I can understand your 2000 should work on mine, I need to know whats causing the intermittent start probs. Have tried a snap on diagnostic at my friends garage with no success. Cheers
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 10:21 AM)happypug Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 09:10 AM)phil clark Wrote: Sorry about the delay, ive been away with work. Im now on holiday "ALL" week, so Asside from Thursday, pick a day, and time, and im here. Must Add, I own a hdi (T plate 1999) without a bsi box fitted, which operates on KWP 2000 protocols. It was one of the very first 306's fitted with the HDI Engine. Nothing goes through the CAN pins on the 16 pin plug connector, and the immo's located below the heater controls. Its a bit of a strugg to be fair, as it was owned by Peugeot as a demo car.

Hi. Where are you in Stafford? forward your phone no to arrange day/time. As far as I can understand your 2000 should work on mine, I need to know whats causing the intermittent start probs. Have tried a snap on diagnostic at my friends garage with no success. Cheers

Lol, i'll do you a map on google and link it to a private message. Im going to ask you a question. Do you have an Engine management light on?. PP2000 is basicley the same as all other systems, in that it reads fault codes. It does however provide stats on the Engine provided by individual sensors. Its a fueling issue "I THINK", unless you have an intermitant lack of compression. Be prepaired to write down a load of figures.
Thanks given by:

Ah, demo car, that'll be why I should think, interesting. I had a t-reg HDi which had a bsi fitted and they don't come any earlier than that lol.

Oh, meant to say have a look in the link in my sig to give you an idea of what to look for. The issue could be immobiliser, ecu or cam/crank sync issues, although fuelling is the most common cause.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 04:48 PM)Poodle Wrote:

Ah, demo car, that'll be why I should think, interesting. I had a t-reg HDi which had a bsi fitted and they don't come any earlier than that lol.

Oh, meant to say have a look in the link in my sig to give you an idea of what to look for. The issue could be immobiliser, ecu or cam/crank sync issues, although fuelling is the most common cause.
Ive more or less over the last 3 years stripped and rebuilt mine completely, as a project car. The body code is 8190, and theres lots of parts fitted with stickers saying test item. Never had a starting issue to be fair, just the gremlins involving TPS, MAF, EGR and both sets of Heater plugs. Running well now though, with the exception of a dodgy rear engine mount, which im replacing the weekend :-)
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, sounds pretty standard tbh, they're all common issues anyway. Maybe they should have held onto it to test a bit longer! lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 10:34 AM)phil clark Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 10:21 AM)happypug Wrote:

Lol, i'll do you a map on google and link it to a private message. Im going to ask you a question. Do you have an Engine management light on?. PP2000 is basicley the same as all other systems, in that it reads fault codes. It does however provide stats on the Engine provided by individual sensors. Its a fueling issue "I THINK", unless you have an intermitant lack of compression. Be prepaired to write down a load of figures.
Ok I will not be requiring your pp2000 anymore. Gratefull thanks for offer. I have been able to find a mechanic local who has same.
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2014, 04:10 PM)happypug Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 10:34 AM)phil clark Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 10:21 AM)happypug Wrote: Hi. Where are you in Stafford? forward your phone no to arrange day/time. As far as I can understand your 2000 should work on mine, I need to know whats causing the intermittent start probs. Have tried a snap on diagnostic at my friends garage with no success. Cheers

Ok I will not be requiring your pp2000 anymore. Gratefull thanks for offer. I have been able to find a mechanic local who has same.

Good, good. Was a long way to travel tbh/f. If theres no Management light on, you'll need a good, sound running hdi to compare the stats against. Feel free, if your still at a loose end to post ya stats, and i'll plug mine in to see if anything stands out. Compression, fuel/ pressure, air and engine rotation speed and they should always start first turn Confused
Thanks given by:
Ot video the screen whilst testing under load, I'll be able to tell you if it's a fuelling problem in no time. Also it's worth clearing the fault codes, then waiting for the problem to re-occur to find what fault appears.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
In fact, if you wouldn't mind uploading the video here so everyone else can use it for reference, that'd be much appreciated!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: