HDi passes mot 1st time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi passes mot 1st time!
shes done me proud again! 3 advisories front springs rusty and one rear damper with slight mist. which iam questioning the quality of the oem replacments me and my dad fitted 3 years ago. so after seeing that iam going to push for the suspention upgrade i have planned.
so the 306 rules!! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Don't believe ya. I think it's compulsory for a 306 to be issued with at least 1 red slip a year!

Don't panic too much about the springs. If your tester is anything like my old one, he probably tested the car and thought I can't give a 12 year old car a clean sheet!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thats good! Dreading mine soon enough
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Don't believe ya. I think it's compulsory for a 306 to be issued with at least 1 red slip a year!

Don't panic too much about the springs. If your tester is anything like my old one, he probably tested the car and thought I can't give a 12 year old car a clean sheet!

i know the tester, hes tested my cars for years. he also put the rover thru a premot check as well as its 1st mot. he said you can de back box it, tune it but as long as it passes the smoke test and noise levels your fine. Wink he likes his modded stuff too!
well next up is the rovers turn, nearly a year that cars been on the road, not sure if thats gonna go thru straight away lol.
Thanks given by:
The metros been on the road a year already....? :o

Nice one on the mot pass BTW. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:The metros been on the road a year already....? :o

Nice one on the mot pass BTW. Big Grin
yeah nearly tom, i have had the car nearly 4 years!!
laugh was driving the 306 back from the test centre, i put me foot down and thought hang on the car isnt moving as quick etc. :? then i rememberd this isnt the rover. i had took the rover out for a burn down a country road and motorway early on in the day, so was still used to the power of 143bhp tin can lol got to get back into the habit of remembering lol.
Thanks given by:
Did you not notice the crap noise and rubbish power band? That usually reminds me I'm in a diesel..... lmao
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Did you not notice the crap noise and rubbish power band? That usually reminds me I'm in a diesel..... lmao

nah not really, the noise dosent bother me at all, also i can get the HDi to move too Wink when re adapted to the car. another one for you was filling the rover up with petrol once. i put me hand down next to the inner sill to locate the fuel leaver. then i twigged on its not the 306 lol i havent put any derv in it yet or petrol in the 306.
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Did you not notice the crap noise and rubbish power band? That usually reminds me I'm in a diesel..... lmao

nah not really, the noise dosent bother me at all, also i can get the HDi to move too Wink when re adapted to the car. another one for you was filling the rover up with petrol once. i put me hand down next to the inner sill to locate the fuel leaver. then i twigged on its not the 306 lol i havent put any derv in it yet or petrol in the 306.

Lol, I always have to double check I'm using the black pump haha! And I still go for the fuel flap lever by the door! It's by the hwndbrake on the golf lol! Doh
Thanks given by:
Tom I really hate to say it....I genuinely think I may be homer sexual for saying this and I'm so ashamed but the power from these PD engines isn't bad at all!

Procta I thought of you earlier. Got a call out to bromley and parked next to a proper mint condition metro gti....opened my door really hard and left a nice dent.

Nah I just thought, oooh I wonder if that's procta? Don't see many of them about.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Tom I really hate to say it....I genuinely think I may be homer sexual for saying this and I'm so ashamed but the power from these PD engines isn't bad at all!

Lol, the power isn't bad on exactly the right revs/gear/throttle but anything
other that it just lags or labours.....and doesn't like the limiter at all lol

That lmay be changing at the weekenr anyway though ninja
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
Niall Wrote:Tom I really hate to say it....I genuinely think I may be homer sexual for saying this and I'm so ashamed but the power from these PD engines isn't bad at all!

Lol, the power isn't bad on exactly the right revs/gear/throttle but anything
other that it just lags or labours.....and doesn't like the limiter at all lol

That lmay be changing at the weekenr anyway though ninja

So you've owned that golf how long and it's clear you still don't know how to drive it! if you drive it like a petrol it will feel slow
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
midnight its tom what do you expect, tom still writes to santa and leaves stuff out for santa on xmas eve. :? isnt that right tom Wink Tongue
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:midnight its tom what do you expect, tom still writes to santa and leaves stuff out for santa on xmas eve. :? isnt that right tom Wink Tongue

Yeah...doesn't everyone!? Confusedhock:

Seriously though Danny, I do know how to drive it, and can drive it quickly when I want to, but I still don't like the small power band compared to a petrol, and the lag when you drop a gear to boot it. That said, driving a petrol now feels weird as it seems like revving its nuts off just cruising lol! lol
Thanks given by:
Mine passed first time round with 2 advisories! Big Grin WINNING! :dance:
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:midnight its tom what do you expect, tom still writes to santa and leaves stuff out for santa on xmas eve. :? isnt that right tom Wink Tongue

Santa actually still visited my house this year! Gave me loads of sweets! lol
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:

Yeah...doesn't everyone!? Confusedhock:

Seriously though Danny, I do know how to drive it, and can drive it quickly when I want to, but I still don't like the small power band compared to a petrol, and the lag when you drop a gear to boot it. That said, driving a petrol now feels weird as it seems like revving its nuts off just cruising lol! lol
i bet you feed bread to the ducks and think its a dinner party too Confusedhock:
tom you wont rev a petrol over 4k and a derv over 2k.
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:i bet you feed bread to the ducks and think its a dinner party too Confusedhock:

No, that's 4 way and smanfa lol.......
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Don't believe ya. I think it's compulsory for a 306 to be issued with at least 1 red slip a year!

you don't get red or green tickets now just a plain sheet of A4, cheapo DVLA/government
Thanks given by:
stevieg Wrote:

you don't get red or green tickets now just a plain sheet of A4, cheapo DVLA/government

I know because technically its no longer a certificate of having an MOT like the old ones were
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
the certificate looks propper cheep too! iam sure i found in my rovers log book one of the old mot certificates before they even went on computer. a few ticky boxes etc,
test price was somert daft like £20 quid too.
Thanks given by:
good stuff fella, mine is 31/03/12 along with roadtax...Sad
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 stand passes left for trax this weekend puglove 18 3,868 29-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  Hammer time ... no wait MOT time, err same thing! Megamonkey 13 13,496 19-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Megamonkey