Oily xud

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oily xud
Right looks like the reason my clutch has started to slip is that there is oil leaking on the flywheel end of the engine. Which seals would of failed to cause this? It's leaving a nice patch where ever its parked and that's not going down very well at the girlfriends house lol. Doesn't seem to be rocker cover or vacuum pump though.
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
would only be the flywheel bolts which could cause a leak - you'd either need new flywheel bolts and flywheel as they're auto-threading bolts, with the little plastic seal things on them. i had this but cleaned it up and put silicone around the bolts. its all good
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Is there a crankshaft seal that end too? Could someone post a screen shot of the parts from service box please?
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Flywheel bolts causing an oil leak? Don't think so, it'll be the crankshaft seal that's leaking, ideally should have replaced it when the clutch was done
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Flywheel bolts causing an oil leak? Don't think so, it'll be the crankshaft seal that's leaking, ideally should have replaced it when the clutch was done

definately leaked for me.. me and mr KrisB cleaned it up
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Flywheel bolts don't leak... they're bolts
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Wasn't leaking at the time lol, they cheap and easy to replace? Going to drop gearbox next weekend and see bow badly contaminated clutch is. Is it just a case of clutch and flywheel off? Anything else I should do at same time?
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
There's loads of things you can do with the box of, but where do you stop? Personally id just do the crank seal
Thanks given by:
I've been doing a bit of research and I keep hearing about hockey stick seals, I'm guessing if these have gone that's when the oil can leak through the bolt holes? Would it be worth trying that first, sounds a bit easier just drop the sump, cap off, New seals bit of sealant, sump on etc... I really don't wanna drop the gearbox unless I really have to lol
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Isn't a hockey stick the thing under the headlight?
JP
Thanks given by:
You mean the hockey stick seals on the far main bearing cap....Ive had a set leak before, total farse, but if you change the crank seal and its still leaking, its probs them....

Can be fixed by dropping sump, dropping the main bearing cap and replacing them, along with a bit of instant gasket for good mesure..bit of a pain getting it back up in position tho / not diturbing the crank seal which will now be half exposed...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's what I've been finding. Think I'll change both then. Cars driving me nuts now lol. Reckon the clutch will be ok once doused in clutch cleaner?
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
the friction plate will have soaked up oil and will never hold properly again. if i were you i would replace the seals on the end cap with extra sealant for good measure as darren said along with the shaft seal
Thanks given by:
Bugger it then Sad Anyone know if you can just get the friction plate and not the entire kit? Would that be much cheaper?
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Anyone got a pic of these off the engine? Just changed my crank seal as it was pouring oil out but not got the gearbox back on yet to test it. Incase the seal dont fix it
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
have you checked the head?....can leak out the corner there
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ye its def not the head its not coming from that far up. Its flowing off the edge of the sump at the flywheel side

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
Thanks given by:
Stolen from another thread

Think this is what you mean

[Image: IMG00105-20100629-2006.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Anyone got part numbers for the seals? done crank seal and still leaking. Going to do these today.

Taken mine off my old engine so seems straight forward enuff. Would it be possible to just swap the whole thing or will the bearings on it be different doe to been on another crankshaft

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
Thanks given by: