Going to Edmonton, AB this week

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to Edmonton, AB this week
I'm in Calgary at the moment with Kim, we came here last year and did some shopping around Calgary and spent some time in Banff, snowboarding and walking across the frozen Lake Louise

[attachment=1]

Loved seeing the lifted trucks, they're so awesome.

[attachment=0]

So anyway, that was from last year. We went back to Lake Louise/Banff yesterday, we'll be going to a few different places with funny names (Balzac, Shaganappi trail and possibly to Lake Minnewan-ka lol had to hyphen due to swear filter), but later in the week we're planning on going here:

[Image: WestEdmontonMall-Credit-Canadian_Tourism_Commission.jpg]

Only thing is, this isn't actually a just waterpark, it's the world's largest indoor waterpark, and it's in the middle of a shopping mall Confusedhock: It has a 1:1 scale replica of Christopher Columbus' ship, an indoor theme park, shooting range, ice rink, aquarium, BUMPER BOATS, crazy golf, rock climbing. Oh, and 800 shops.

It's a 600km round trip so it's going to be a looooong day, but I'm actually so excited lol

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Child.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Do you fancy f*cking your couch, yeah?

Sad

P.S. Nice windscreen crack.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
lol

Yeah I know :? Thing is at the time we went it was still snowing and cold so grit trucks were out all the time, there's no point getting it done if you get a crack in winter as it'll be likely to happen again, might as well wait until Summer! Almost half the cars we see out here have windscreen cracks.
Thanks given by:
That waterpark looks flippin awesome!!!
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
Ian Wrote:That waterpark looks flippin awesome!!!

Yeah it does actually. 306oc meet there? Im sure Scott's dad won't mind us all crashing at his? Lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
lol

If there is enough interest I can actually organise a group holiday to Canada in Feb/March next year...visiting that waterpark in Edmonton, staying in Calgary and doing some snowboarding in Banff...I'm honestly not even kidding
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:lol

If there is enough interest I can actually organise a group holiday to Canada in Feb/March next year...visiting that waterpark in Edmonton, staying in Calgary and doing some snowboarding in Banff...I'm honestly not even kidding

I'm in Mexico in march so can pop over for a day! Lol

Not for me but if you want a discount on flights if you do do it, give me a shout!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Looks awesome buddy!! Jealous much that them feckers are allowed to just take their crossers and free ride can't do that here the po po like to chase you with helicopters!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
f*cking hell that mall has it all! Sounds pretty darm amazing
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Looks awesome buddy!! Jealous much that them feckers are allowed to just take their crossers and free ride can't do that here the po po like to chase you with helicopters!!
Yeah you can literally ride them anywhere! There are loads of people about at the moment with snowmobiles on the backs of their trucks heading out to the rockies, they just park up somewhere and take them offroad up a mountain.
Thanks given by:

SOLD!!

memememeemememee

want to go.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
memememememememem too!!

dreeeeeam to get to canada fo-sho! plan to move there permanently!!

also, is this holiday paid for out of the 306oc budget Confusedhock: lol
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I remember you saying you wanted to go Smile I'd definitely recommend it mate.

And no comment whistle

lol of course not Smile That's going on shiny things for FCS and other shows Wink
Thanks given by:
Memememe too can I bring my crosser ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:I remember you saying you wanted to go Smile I'd definitely recommend it mate.

And no comment whistle

lol of course not Smile That's going on shiny things for mine and foobys cars

Corrected that for you whistle
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

I might be working over there for a month next March, either Houston or Des Moines, either of them near Canada?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
FYC...............that is all!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
that water park looks cool..
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Balzac
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:

I might be working over there for a month next March, either Houston or Des Moines, either of them near Canada?
Depends which one you mean mate, there is one in Washington and another in Iowa. The one in Washington isn't too far from Vancouver (150 odd miles) but it's around 700 from Calgary. Iowa isn't too far from Canada as a country but it's 1,500 miles from Calgary :?

Spent the afternoon in Balzac today lol
Thanks given by:
I giggle every time I say Balzac lol We've been shopping there today!

I also plan to move here, hopefully, it's just so amazing! Just over the hill from our house you've got the view of the Rockies which is the same pretty much everywhere in the city. 2 hours away but they're so clear! <3
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:
Scott Wrote:I remember you saying you wanted to go Smile I'd definitely recommend it mate.

And no comment whistle

lol of course not Smile That's going on shiny things for mine and foobys cars

Corrected that for you whistle

Would be cheaper to pay for everyone to go to Canada, than to fix pheobes car...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Would be cheaper to pay for everyone to go to Canada, than to fix pheobes car...

bahahahaha
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Depends which one you mean mate, there is one in Washington and another in Iowa. The one in Washington isn't too far from Vancouver (150 odd miles) but it's around 700 from Calgary. Iowa isn't too far from Canada as a country but it's 1,500 miles from Calgary :?

Spent the afternoon in Balzac today lol

It's the one in Iowa mate, so it'd either be impossible or an EPIC road trip Wink

Had a look at Houston, Texas couldn't be any further from Canada really without leaving the US lol
Thanks given by:
lol true

That's pretty cool that you may be going over there for work though, are BG planning on sending you there?
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:lol true

That's pretty cool that you may be going over there for work though, are BG planning on sending you there?

Not permanently, the parent company owns an energy company over there who have a bit of a poor reputation for customer service so I've applied for a secondment to go over and teach the yanks how to do their jobs properly lol

I've always wanted to go to be fair, but on the balance of it I'd rather go to Houston than Des Moines, apparently Des Moines has nothing but cornfields...
Thanks given by:
I didn't realise Centrica owned some of the companies in the US...my company used to work with BG in the UK, and as our other office is based in Texas we no doubt are working with Centrica in the States.

That'd be really cool if you could get to work over here though, I know if the chance came up for me then I would Smile
Thanks given by:
To be honest, I'd love to emigrate but my lass wouldn't go with me so it's not an option. I've got family in Massachusetts, Georgia, Nebraska and Wisconsin, and pretty much all of them have offered to sponsor me to go over there, even had an offer of working for my great uncle in Nebraska driving trucks. Got a Visa at one point but pulled out, often wish I hadn't...
Thanks given by:
Tell her to MFTU and get over there! You can try it out for a couple of years, decide whether you like it and move back if you need to Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PROJECT OF THE WEEK bashbarnard 20 3,781 27-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  So its that day of the week again.. FRIDAY! Matt-Rallye 16 2,699 01-11-2014, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  It's that day of the week again... C.A.R. 11 2,436 09-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum