106 nad fueling?? issue FIXED'ish

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 nad fueling?? issue FIXED'ish
Right I believe it having issues with fueling on the 106 might not be fuel related tho will see what you guys think.

So about a week ago I started having issues with the car being down on power at full throttle, first thing I thought was Fuel filter so next day replaced that, And I needed to fill up so filled the tank to the Brim with Veg Oil/petrol/two stroke mix then that night it got so bad wouldn't pull up hills was mega down on power now! So I had to pump some Fuel out to get to the in tank filter when removing the pick up point the filter wasn't attached to the pick up point was in the bottom of the tank I fished it out cleaned it up and re-fitted it before fitting the pick up point again I pumped out 25liters of the fuel mix and then fitted the pick up point, went and topped it up with derv after 5mins iof driving it felt loads better so I was thinking it was dodgy fuel.

So tonight at work it's starred again pulling better than it was but still struggling massively, I've looked every were for leaks carnt see any. I've used quarter of a tank of fuel so I went to top it up with derv again so now must have 25 liters+ of derv to the mix of Veg Oil etc, and it's still the same down on power at full throttle (being a nad your a full throttle alot) so it's making it undeliverable.

So I'm thinking of replacing the pipe from tank to pump see if that fixes the issue may air getting in or a blockage because of the tank filter falling off. If this doesn't work I'm thinking pump or injector failures??

All so what makes this more strange is when I'm at full throttle struggling I can see the car smoking/hazing in the lights of the cars behind so it seems to be injecting the fuel or am I wrong?

This is really pissing me off now hope some one can shed some light on it!

Thanks in advance Smile

Edit also might be worth mentioning it's running the 306/405 Bosch boost compsator style Fuel pump.

Thanks given by:
Have you ran the pump out of a separate can of derv yet?
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Sounds like its bogging to me
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2014, 12:34 AM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Have you ran the pump out of a separate can of derv yet?

No...... We'll I tried but I couldn't find any were to fit the bottle so I could take it round the block to see if it made any difference.

(21-02-2014, 07:20 AM)Piggy Wrote: Sounds like its bogging to me

That's exactly whats happening, but it's never happened since I put the Bosch on only started in the last week

Thanks given by:
It's starting first turn of the key to, so surely that means there is no air getting In?

Whats causing it all full throttle? Undecided

Thanks given by:
Duff injector maybe?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2014, 09:30 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Whats causing it all full throttle? Undecided

lack of fuel!
my old 106 used to be awfull for bogging at WOT turned out the in tank stainer was full of fat from runing bio/veg oil
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2014, 09:46 AM)cully Wrote:
(21-02-2014, 09:30 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Whats causing it all full throttle? Undecided

lack of fuel!
my old 106 used to be awfull for bogging at WOT turned out the in tank stainer was full of fat from runing bio/veg oil

So what's causing the lack if Fuel? As cleaned in tank strainer (wasn't even bad) very few tiny bits in it, Fuel filter changed.

So only other thing to change is the fuel pipe it's self from front to back? But will annoy me if I replace that and it's still same

Thanks given by:
blow the lines through with an airline you may have a restriction in an elbow or even a kinked pipe
veg is quite corrosive to rubber, is turns it to a black mush over time and this plugs lines nd filters
maybe the granade is past it best
bad biodiesel also dislikes copper and brass it eats it over time
Thanks given by:
Check your air filter as well maybe? And check the throttle is opening to full when you have the pedal hard down.
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
Right decided to go see how much fuel pipe would cost me at £1.50 a meter though worth a try so bought some, replaced it with the fuel grenade off the 205, how the hell your supposed to run fuel pipe between tank and floor is beyond me even dropping tank an inch still couldn't do it so Que bodge style!

[Image: DSC_0442_zps51c41058.jpg]

It now feels ok'ish it's felling better than before so that's an improvement! But true Test will be how it gets on at work tonight so I will update tonight after I've done 100miles at work.

Thanks given by:
It's still doing it FML!! Angry

Thanks given by:
So it's died twice tonight both Times I had to pump the hand primer for it to go again leading me to believe air getting in some were, so bypassed hand primer and fuel filter it now goes like fu*k! .... When I say fu*k I mean it's back to its normal power so I have an air leak between the fuel filter and hand primer, will remove it all tomorrow and find the leak, hope that's the end of it, it's done my head in for the past week all this trouble for air ingress Angry

Thanks given by:
Hand primers themselves are known for it, so don't rule that out either. I'd start with replacing the pipe and clamps.
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
between fuel filter and primer?

Pipe will be cracked where it goes onto the fitting right at the engine/housing. no doubt. Vibration cracks them there and the metal pipe that the rubber goes over has a sharp edge.

If not, there's a relief valve on the back of the housing, the seals in them are rubber and they dry out. There's a slight possibility your fuel mix has attacked it as well.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
I'm running an inline filter due to the standard housing letting air in when I first got the car, I've removed the hand primer and fuel filter and now it runs ok so I've got various bits of pipe to check tomorrow when I get chance.

Thanks given by:
Get a decent truck filter inline, some come with primers built in too
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2014, 11:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: Get a decent truck filter inline, some come with primers built in too

Not bothering with this cos as long as 205 ok when it's on road this will be going to scrappy

Thanks given by:
Nooooooooooo!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
We'll found a split in a pipe cut it out and it was ok for 15mile now it's started again Angry so gonna remove one thing at a time and use the process of elimination to find the problem

Thanks given by:
We'll thought I would update this think I've got to the bottom of the issue/issues

So things I replaced

Fule pipe front to back
Hand grenade
Fule filter (twice)
Pipes between grenade and filter and pump.

Seems to be loads better now, I filled up with Veg Oil yesterday 95% Veg 5% petrol and it seems loads faster than it did before and seems faster than it was on derv? Guessing it's the New pipe front to back might be slightly bigger so there's no restrictions. Would Defo recommend any one running veg to fit a thicker pipe really does make a difference!

Thanks given by:
veg probably attacked the standard lines? probably had a block or summat from all the veg washing the crap from over the years?
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2014, 07:24 PM)Martin306 Wrote: veg probably attacked the standard lines? probably had a block or summat from all the veg washing the crap from over the years?

No idea tbh the Fule line runs though the floor from what I could see so didn't pull it out to look at it.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mitsubishi Pajero - fueling issue ginge191 10 2,972 04-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Variable off boost fueling nominous 12 2,357 23-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Possible fueling issue JoshDturbo 2 1,254 29-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Last Post: JoshDturbo