P Bushes + Wishbones

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P Bushes + Wishbones
Hi guys,

Well have found the P Bushes on my car are well and truly f*cked, probably explains the notchy steering. Sad

Anyway, I'm doing the clutch today/tomorrow so want either P Bushes or whole wishbones by tomorrow at the latest....which do I go for and where from? Don't want proper cheap ones.

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
Lemforder from ecp, would suggest cpfl but if u need them tomorrow...Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Go for the earlier berlingo ones, they're a substantially better design and should last a fair whack longer
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's what I was thinking tbh.

Though didn't realise wishbones were so expensive! Might just replace the bushes, hmm....

Edit - Whats different about the berlingo ones? And are they cheaper lol?

P Bushes out of stick in my local ECP...FML. Sad
Thanks given by:
Berlingo on left, 306 on right

[Image: null_zps9ccb762a.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, does look better! Though ECP list the same P bush for both. Confused
Thanks given by:
If it's the better type, I wouldn't worry! Could always try CP4L? sometimes have stock that ecp don't.. even though it's the same lol
Thanks given by:
Its not the better type. Sad

Also need a gear linkage which I've just broke and ECP don't seem to do those either.

Dunno why I can't just leave things alone lol. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
adjustable linkages can be like £30 off eBay if replacements are hard to source?

Also try eBay for the Pbushes
Thanks given by:
But they're not gonna get here tomorrow morning though. Sad
Thanks given by:
It's actually the later mk1 berlingos that had them bushes mainly the heavier payload versions. I'v got berlingo on an s reg with just the standard p bushes as on the 306
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
P bushes are sorted now, next day from ECP.

But nowhere sold gear linkages, even tried Peugeot but they didn't have any in stock! Do you reckon I could cable tie the broken one on and replace the set next week from ebay?
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2014, 06:02 PM)Toms306 Wrote: P bushes are sorted now, next day from ECP.

Was that for the regular 306/Xsara type or the uprated Berlingo/Partner ones?

I couldn't obviously see the Berlingo/Partner ones on the website that's all (well, the CP4L website anyway but it's 99% the same as ECP) but if they are available and you've got a part number that would be great.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Nah they are just the regular Lemforder ones. But chances are I won't keep the car long enough to worry about longevity lol.

ECP don't seem to sell the other style Berlingo ones.
Thanks given by:
yes cable tie them on i did this on my 6 after the clutch was changed lasted over a week before i
replaced them for a uprated set, Peugeot will have you over a barrel don't buy genuine there too dear
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2014, 06:18 PM)cully Wrote: yes cable tie them on i did this on my 6 after the clutch was changed lasted over a week before i
replaced them for a uprated set, Peugeot will have you over a barrel don't buy genuine there too dear

Ah that's alright then, will do that.

Was only gonna buy the broken one from Peugeot, was £15 which I didn't think was too bad for a genuine one, and 3 times that is almost the same as the ebay ones.

Though I was looking at these which say they'll never fall off due to clips.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-GT...0084.m1843

Also, how easy was the access to the linkages? Obviously the battery ect will be back in the bay so no access from the top then.
Thanks given by:
PM miles on here he might do you a deal Wink

i fitted the 6 links from the top for the two short ones but the long one i had to do from below
Thanks given by:
Are those ebay ones Miles's then? Or are his similar?
Thanks given by:
I have mine on Ebay but I'm switching to left and right hand thread's so you can adjust them on the car so will have 1 up on everyone else until someone copies the idea, the cheap one's are generally threaded bar with heat shrink which tends to snap quite often, like the old Griff's one's where in the early days
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
Tom with all these problems I bet you're wishing you'd bought a vectra...

Oh wait..
Thanks given by:
Thanks to Miles I have asset of linkages now. Smile

(19-02-2014, 09:48 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Tom with all these problems I bet you're wishing you'd bought a vectra...

Oh wait..

I had to take the Vectra to try find gear links last night....the fucker took 3 attempts to start! Dodgy

Then I forgot about the low cold start limiter on them and tried driving it like the 1.8... Foot to the floor 'limiter'...wtf, change, foot to the floor 'limiter', wtf again!? change, foot to the floor....end of the road, sigh.

I hate diesels! lmao

But I do wish I'd just bought a Golf now....still don't like the Vectra and the 306 is annoying me already lol. Ah well, nevermind. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Still waiting for these P Bushes! Sad

Were apparently on the van in Bury (~1hrs drive) at 7.30....guess the courier got lost lol.

Also found I've been sent the wrong gearbox mount by ECP, much smaller than the original and is apparently for a Xantia from reading the box.
Thanks given by:
Still not here. Dodgy

Ok...next question...how the f*ck do the P Bushes come off!? Been standing on the wishbone whacking the P Bush with a lump hammer and absolutely nothing has happened. lol

They don't seem to be held on by anything though... Confused
Thanks given by:
Friction fit over the wishbone, there is a guide on it somewhere here. I followed it.
I got mine off by using a cold chisel and hammer to slowly push them off the wishbone.
Carefully and slowly though, don't want to scrape the wishbone.

Or you can pull the rubber part of the pbush off, and that just leaves the sleave over the wishbone, and get a hacksaw and cut a slit in the sleave, then chisel it from there.
I did mine with a B&D Workmate, but a big vice would too help for this slightly delicate task.
Thanks given by:
I don't have any sort of vice except my foot and the floor. Confused

Might ask the garage at the end of the road to swap them for me if it requires delicate work, I'll cock it up otherwise lol.
Thanks given by:
Tom its easy, cut the rubber so its just the sleeve left on the wishbone, then hacksaw a diagonal line across it, but before you get all the way though, hit it with a hammer and crack the last bit and they practically fall off
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, I'll give it a go then.

P Bushes still haven't arrived though...glad I paid for next day delivery.... Sad
Thanks given by:
Phone up and give them shit, theyre useless
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tbh it's the delivery company's fault rather the ECP's.

Said they were out for delivery at 7.30am on UPS tracker so would like to know where they are now!
Thanks given by:
Finally received the bushes at ~2pm! Rolleyes

Was running low on time and hadn't had any luck with removal so let the garage take them off for me instead. New Lemforder ones -

[Image: IMAG3108_zpsbb7d6946.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3110_zpsad96dbde.jpg]

Also received Miles' gear rods today...surprised how much difference they make tbh! Big Grin

[Image: IMAG3105_zps32668aef.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3106_zps983e8c43.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bushes for Wishbones (New Question Post #8) bigcheez2k3 10 2,374 11-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  wishbones procta 18 3,417 05-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Wishbones ripp444 0 846 05-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Last Post: ripp444