water cooled intercooler

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
water cooled intercooler
Is it possible to fit a water cooled intercooler to a phase 3 hdi and if so has anyone done it
Got to love it when you have no ideaDodgy
Thanks given by:
It is possible, but it's a lot of work over a normal fmic. I don't know of anyone thats done it to a 306, but uberderv wad originally going to use a chargecooler on his 205, its in the project section.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Big dave and andyxxx used to run chargecooled xud 306s on club 306....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
There's a guy on the. 205 forum who runs a jag charge cooler. Don't think it was all that tbh.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I used one on my old 206 as well, was very effective. Its a fair bit more expensive than air/air intercooling it if you do it properly.
Thanks given by:
My 205 Gti had one, the receipt says it was £1000 fitted and it was crap, i removed it and put in on my 306 xud, it was still crap
Thanks given by:
Charge coolers are ok, but not the be all and end all.

I'm looking at actually REMOVING the charge cooler from my Jag and fitting it with a normal style FMIC, as the inlet temps creep up even with stock boost...

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
It's a lot of work for not a great deal of extra benefit really, unless you're going to fill it with ice and do short drag runs.
My brother has got two that we planned to put on, one that is massive and we can't find anywhere to fit it, and another that is small and then it still requires the water radiator and pump and pipe work, so we've decided just to use an intercooler as ultimately there's less to go wrong.

What I do like about charger coolers is the reduced pipe work so it shouldn't have much of an effect on lag.

If you do decided to go with one, get in touch, I've got two, the bosch water pump and a suitable radiator which I probably won't use, all brand new....
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by: