Inlet question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inlet question
If I start the car, then take the inlet pipe off the MAF, then cover the pipe shouldn't it choke the engine and stall?

The turbo sounds louder so I did the above thinking I could spot a leak in the inlet system like this.

http://youtu.be/enKhmZLmHvo

I'm thinking the boost pipe or the feed pipe might not be connected properly.
Thanks given by:
This has happened to me recently (I think)

When im driving it sounds like I have put a dump valve on the car.

Tried wiggling the pipe on again but cant see it from the top to get it back om and its been too miserable outside to get under it.

I would guess your inlet pipe on the coldside has came off.
Thanks given by:
The inlet to the turbo is usually bolted on I guess the bolt might be missing or the rubber gasket might be missing but I'm starting to thing the boost pipe might be leaking.
Thanks given by:
Hmm true, if it's underpowered I would say boost leak.

If its going fine I would say intake pipe like me Smile
Thanks given by:
Is your EGR disabled?

Might be just able to run on EGR gas if the valve is open.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
This was the thing I first thought but would it not smoke a lot if it was the EGR leaking.

The car doesn't smoke at all at the moment. Which is leading me to believe, if the air is getting in after the MAF then the ECU would be under fueling?

The vacuum pipe has been removed off the solenoid but I still need to blank it off properly, a job for tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
My egr was blanked. I tried the method u posted in your video and the car quickly stalled.

Got underneath the car to find my 90 bend off the turbo had been rubbing on the subframe and was bust.

Taped it up as a temporary measure but im looking forward to having the poeer & clean burn back.
Thanks given by:
Get the car on boost, if it's louder and smokes more... At least you know it's between the turbo and inlet
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Yes if it's after the MAF it will be under fuelling, could also be the EGR stuck open as the others said but you'd have a lot of smoke in this case.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by: