Gearbox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gearbox
Hello there! I was wondering if anyone knows what Gearbox is fitted to a 2000 X Reg 2.0 HDI Estate 306. And also how difficult it is to replace the gearbox, I'm thinking of buying one but it has problems in 3rd and 4th gear. I need to know the gearbox code so I dont end up buying the wrong gearbox. Thanks
Thanks given by:
Any 306 HDI box,
As long as its off a 306 hdi it will fit,
Code maybe like be3
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2014, 07:17 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Any 306 HDI box,
As long as its off a 306 hdi it will fit,
Code maybe like be3

Alright cheers mate, Any idea what its like to replace the gearbox?
Thanks given by:
Yes it's a BE3 gearbox, though there are identifying codes on the boxes as well. I'm not sure what the code is but it's just under the clutch arm if you check your own 'box.

As for changing it, its pretty simple, but a bit time consuming, and awkward if you do it alone. I'd also recommend changing the clutch kit at the same time as its only an extra 6 bolts.

Basically remove battery and tray, airbox, starter motor, wiring plugs, driveshafts, gear linkages, clutch cable and anything else in the way. The 'box is held to the block with 5 bolts, 3 accessable from the front and 2 back. Remove gearbox mount and pull the box away from the block. It is heavy though. Refitting is just a reverse of removal.
Thanks given by:
I found I had to remove the peg on the gearbox to get it past the chassis leg aswell.

Others mightnt have to, but i did.
Thanks given by: