Bike Engine'd 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bike Engine'd 306
Just out of interest has anyone tried this before and succeeded?
Would be class
Thanks given by:
I think there was a chassis for sale a while back which had been modded for a mid engined turbod busa setup.

But its a big car for even a boosted bike engine...would think it would suit a 205/106 better
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2014, 09:17 AM)Piggy Wrote: I think there was a chassis for sale a while back which had been modded for a mid engined turbod busa setup.

But its a big car for even a boosted bike engine...would think it would suit a 205/106 better

That would be epic if someone had finished that off
Yes, would make it low weight and pretty quick with a turbod busa engine though!
Thanks given by:
But theres a limit with how light you can make a 306...

You could spend 1000s getting a 306 to be as a light as a standard 106
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2014, 09:24 AM)Piggy Wrote: But theres a limit with how light you can make a 306...

You could spend 1000s getting a 306 to be as a light as a standard 106

I suppose so yeah, would be difficult to get a 306 to weigh the same as a 106 though
Although a bike engine setup would easily make that possible
Thanks given by:
I'm not so sure about epic. Bike engines dont like dragging big weight and have a lack of torque. Even a hayabusa with its 170bhp ish only has about 90lb/ft. Compare that to the GTi6 that has almost 170bhp but 150lb/ft to go with it.

There is very little point in building something that will cost £££££££ and won't be as quick as a GTi6. It's just pointless
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2014, 10:09 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I'm not so sure about epic. Bike engines dont like dragging big weight and have a lack of torque. Even a hayabusa with its 170bhp ish only has about 90lb/ft. Compare that to the GTi6 that has almost 170bhp but 150lb/ft to go with it.

There is very little point in building something that will cost £££££££ and won't be as quick as a GTi6. It's just pointless

but would be good to have a rev counter that goes past 11 Big Grin
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I guess the reason people do it is because bike engines are small and fit into anything with ease but as Chris said, no point for the lack of torque. Fit it to something with an already time engine and triple it's horsepower with a bike block Big Grin
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
In German hillclimbing there are a couple of spaceframed 106s running heavily tuned motorbike engines:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBPg7Ip3dtc
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Yeah Dave's right, bike engine a 2cv or a simca 1000 or a reliant kitten. Something that it'll improve.

Niall yes the rev counters might go to 11 but I reckon you could get q gti6 to do that for less than doing a hayabusa 306.
Thanks given by:
busa turboed would be amazing in a 205or 106 all stripped and lightened...

and it would be a lot faster than a '6 engine....dont forget the other major advantage.... the gearbox. bang. bang. bang.

awkward bit is fitting a reverse box.

Ive driven a caterham style kit car, with a busa engine, tuned to nearly 200bhp...

was A MA ZING...but that weighed about 480kg...plus me
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2014, 10:22 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Niall yes the rev counters might go to 11 but I reckon you could get q gti6 to do that for less than doing a hayabusa 306.

Surely not, you'd need forged goodies and all sorts to get a '6 engine to rev like that wouldn't you, at least if you wanted to do it more than once lol. Completely agree that it wouldn't be epic though, would just make a lot of noise.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That spaceframed 106 is amazing. Seen it before and love it. Wish i could own one.
Thanks given by:
You gotta remember bike engines have a shorter stroke than car engines. So i would guess you would have to seriously alter a '6 engine to get it to hit 11krpm.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2014, 05:53 PM)SRowell Wrote: That spaceframed 106 is amazing. Seen it before and love it. Wish i could own one.
Seen a few German hillclimb videos where everyone is competing in kit cars....open wheeled single seaters etc. and then this one legend in a spaceframed 106 screams through lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2014, 03:55 PM)Poodle Wrote:
(15-02-2014, 10:22 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Niall yes the rev counters might go to 11 but I reckon you could get q gti6 to do that for less than doing a hayabusa 306.

Surely not, you'd need forged goodies and all sorts to get a '6 engine to rev like that wouldn't you, at least if you wanted to do it more than once lol. Completely agree that it wouldn't be epic though, would just make a lot of noise.

Forged rods and pistons are sub a grand but the 1.8 bottom end with its lower weight/stroke would be better then custom cams and double valve springs is another grand and you'd hit 11000. Obviously you'd have now power below 9k and it would be un deliverable off cam but that's the same as a bike engine
Thanks given by:
9k maybe, 11k is a whole new ball game, you be talking titanium valves and a crank ladder at the least.

You'll find most modern bike engines are very tractable right from off idle.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2014, 03:55 PM)Poodle Wrote:

This. You could take a GTi engine to 11k but it would only do it once!
Forged rods and pistons are only sub 1k second hand if your lucky to find them. Chances are you would have to buy new which your looking at 1500-2k and then you would need balancing and as rip says, very nice shiny titanium valves which i believe don't last too long at all (could be wrong there though, thats just what i read).
That lot combined with all bearings (not just cheapies) will probably come in at quite a few k!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You'd probably need to rework some of the oil system to deliver enough flow to the bearings too, I think you'd be up against the regulator otherwise.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2014, 11:05 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: You'd probably need to rework some of the oil system to deliver enough flow to the bearings too, I think you'd be up against the regulator otherwise.

Checkout holeshot racing for turboed busa engines, they even do a v8 busa turbo, mega power
Thanks given by:
I know, I posted the link to the engine in the thread about the race motor the other week.

I'm not sure what relevance that is though?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turbocharged 600cc Bike Engine Kezzieboy 10 1,331 29-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy