intermittent start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
intermittent start
Yes I know there are a few on here with same fault. With mine the car will start fine in morning,run for 10mls or so ,stop for fuel etc, and car will not start unless I turn the key for second time. To date have fitted new glow plug relay+fuel pump relay. Otherwise it runs fine, could it be electrical? I need a solution please.Huh
Thanks given by:
Sorry that wasn't even a whole sentence, phone's being a right sod today.

Right, sounds like the lift pump could be on its way out, but could also be ecu issues - this is how my own ecu issues started to manifest.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Is it cranking in this period, or is it like the ignition is totally dead until the second turn?
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2014, 12:33 PM)C2K Wrote: Is it cranking in this period, or is it like the ignition is totally dead until the second turn?

Ok,its cranking fine. as I said it1s the second turn of the key it will start and run fine. thanks for info.
Thanks given by:
Air in fuel system? Leak offs?
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Adv_93, tyese don't work the same as the old dts, the system is pressurised so you don't get issues with air in the fuel the same way.

OP, check out the link in my sig, it'll give you a few ideas of what you can test to narrow the scope a bit.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(14-02-2014, 08:32 AM)Poodle Wrote: Adv_93, tyese don't work the same as the old dts, the system is pressurised so you don't get issues with air in the fuel the same way.

OP, check out the link in my sig, it'll give you a few ideas of what you can test to narrow the scope a bit.

Didn't realise he was talking about HDI's, until i looked at his profile name lolol, is there an EML or anything on the dash?
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Well this is the HDi section. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: