High pressure oil feed line diameter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High pressure oil feed line diameter
Right, dunno how you guys have been getting quotes. Spent about 15 minutes on the phone with the guy from the company whom Pirtek referred me to and there was a problem between getting a 16x1.5 banjo on a 1/4 inch hose.

Apparently a couple of fittings had been discontinued making it a pain in the arse to get anything done. The end result was a male to male fitting out of the block, female fitting on the block end of the hose, leading to a standard m12 banjo into the turbo. A bit of a mess really.

But anyway, to do all that they wanted £77.51 pence. That's nearly 4 times what people have been saying on, presumably due to the extra piece they needed.

Needless to say I had to say thanks but no thanks. Any other ideas? Maybe someone on here can get one made for me to the correct spec from a "good" Pirtek? I never seem to have any luck when it comes to these things!
Thanks given by:
Take a standard oil line plus your turbo INTO pirtek dont phone them as they will probably fob you off

i dont comment much on here but you seriously make things difficult for yourself at times

Seriously take the parts and go and speak to them face to face
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Sorry. But if I did that would they not make me a solid line? Or should I have a solid line? This is too confusing lol
Thanks given by:
No just a single braided line they will match the thread on the turbo and just tell the which end of the original line you need and they will make something up for you
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
I have an adaptor off the block down to a smaller fitting, then to the line, it is possible I can get one made up same as mine but you have postage costs and bit of money for my time, if you wanna sort something out pm me.

Thanks given by:
Literally do what Dan said, take your turbo, and your standard oil line in.

Say you want a length (go couple inches longer than needed just in case) of flexi braided line to go from your turbo and then join onto the end of the existing oil line that goes into the block.

This is what I have, works fine. cost me £20 or £25 (can't remember now)

[Image: 2013-03-18165040_zps2c04fbfc.jpg]

2nd picture isn't mind but is a similar concept

[Image: turbooilfeed_zpsdafd0560.png]

They gave me an olive and a fitting to join my existing oil feed to the braided one.

Now find your local and go enquire.
Thanks given by:
The adaptor ones I used to have made were 8mm internal Id. but moved onto 10mm as fittings were more common. As said restrictors in the turbo will limit oil flow.
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help repairing/replacing high pressure PAS pipe heyitsroth 2 1,426 03-01-2018, 11:53 AM
Last Post: welshpug
  Twin turbo high pressure oil feed setup. 205dtub 17 3,816 23-02-2015, 07:47 PM
Last Post: 205dtub
  auxiliary belt length with different power steering pulley diameter juz22 1 1,254 18-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Niall