Vacuum pump.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vacuum pump.
Am i right in thinking that the vacuum pump sucks more with more load on the engine?

just thinking that if a VNT runs off vacuum, that if more suction is given on load could the vacuum pump that is on the car be ran to alter the position of the vanes, giving that some alterations could be given to the arm.

Or is my lack of sleep just making me talk shit..
Thanks given by:
I think if it was that easy someone would of done it already...

Although im prepared to be shot down in flames.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I havn't seen anyone do it thats why ive thought about it.
Seems too much of a faff on with a conventional wastegate + MBC. As i know if not done properly it will implode the turbo lol

+ i know that the vacuum pump runs the brakes aswell, and am aware of that.
Thanks given by:
erm

in a word

no

sorry

but nice one for trying to think out of the box, I'm all for a bit of lateral thinking
Thanks given by:
I was waiting for you to comment n this tom. Thought it was a good idea but had no clue if it would work or not
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2014, 10:53 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: erm

in a word

no

sorry

but nice one for trying to think out of the box, I'm all for a bit of lateral thinking

Does the pump itself not give enough suction to work the vnt actuator? Or does the pump itself work at a constant suction?
I know that vnts need at least 15 hg to be on full blow working through vacuum.

As I know that people have used the n75 valves off audi's on some mech controlled rovers, and a pressure valve.

However I have seen a audrino map available for free for mech controlled pumps to work electronically controlled vnts but requires map sensor and tps. Map sensor easy enough but a tps, unlikely.
Thanks given by:
Loads of misconceptions flying around here

For a start the vac pump runs off the camshaft, so if anything is rpm, not load dependent.

Besides, in your parallel universe, the more load the more vac, the more vac actuator pulls on the vnt lever, the more the vanes close, the more load, the more vac, the more the vanes close, until it all blow up and you end up with oil everywhere and pieces of expensive turbo down your inlet.

Probably time for a big sleep, and then a big read up on how vnt works.
Thanks given by:
No need to be that blunt, at the end of the day was only asking if it could be done, and yes some research beforehand could of been done. But not everyone thinks like that.
End of this topic then.
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2014, 12:00 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Loads of misconceptions flying around here

For a start the vac pump runs off the camshaft, so if anything is rpm, not load dependent.

Besides, in your parallel universe, the more load the more vac, the more vac actuator pulls on the vnt lever, the more the vanes close, the more load, the more vac, the more the vanes close, until it all blow up and you end up with oil everywhere and pieces of expensive turbo down your inlet.

Probably time for a big sleep, and then a big read up on how vnt works.

Lol tom, long day?
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The vanes need to be controlled from a multitude of inputs really..

You want it to be able to take into account the rpm of the engine, so it doesn't apply too much boost at a low RPM or try and close the vanes up too quick at high RPM, causing an overboost situation, but at the same time it be controlled by the inlet mani pressure, so it knows it's setpoint and will hold it there.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2014, 01:00 AM)Dean Wrote: No need to be that blunt, at the end of the day was only asking if it could be done, and yes some research beforehand could of been done. But not everyone thinks like that.
End of this topic then.

Sorry Dean, didn't mean to across so bluntly , just trying to work through some of your logic.

I really do heartily encourage you to think about different ways of doing things, and ask a few questions along the way.

There is no such thing as a dumb question, only grumpy bumcakes like me answering them :p

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oil leak at vacuum pump end Teddy 6 1,392 19-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Last Post: anto
  No boost or whistle only vacuum strictly_perv 10 2,165 08-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Last Post: r3k1355
  Disabling egr vacuum line on dturbo scottbmxer 4 1,722 28-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Ruan