d turbo price

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
d turbo price
Roughly how much will it cost me to swap my nad engine with a dturbo ?
And also where is the best place besides this forum to find a complete engine and gearbox set up
Thanks given by:
Often ebay have a gew kicking around; look for xantia/406/405/boxer engines to name a few other XUD's

But, often forum is a better option as you have at least SOME history.

Terms of price; engine and gearbox including all ancillaries usually around £150

Then it's worth to do cambelt, water pump etc on that side - £100
Clutch if you want - £100

Then all your fluids and filters on top of that...about another £90 give or take.

Then there's options of gaskets, leak off pipes, new clips, etc etc etc...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2014, 02:03 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Often ebay have a gew kicking around; look for xantia/406/405/boxer engines to name a few other XUD's

But, often forum is a better option as you have at least SOME history.

Terms of price; engine and gearbox including all ancillaries usually around £150

Then it's worth to do cambelt, water pump etc on that side - £100
Clutch if you want - £100

Then all your fluids and filters on top of that...about another £90 give or take.

Then there's options of gaskets, leak off pipes, new clips, etc etc etc...

right cheers ill just make do with my nad for another month til my next wage then thought i might have enough now but i want to do it properly. also do you know of any going atm ?
Thanks given by:
Id disagree ginge
75 ish cambelt kit
75ish clutch
50 for filters oil etc
Maybe 20 quid on cobsumables
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2014, 02:06 PM)Scouse282 Wrote: right cheers ill just make do with my nad for another month til my next wage then thought i might have enough now but i want to do it properly. also do you know of any going atm ?

Nope, not many on the bay; those there are pricey. There's always engine coming in and out of the forum; get a wanted thread and keep an eye out.

Oh, while i remember, get a list of parts you need to do,

cambelt kit
glowies
oil (engine and gearbox)
coolant
wiring look (think it's slightly different, don't quote me)

and so on...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2014, 02:11 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(09-02-2014, 02:06 PM)Scouse282 Wrote: right cheers ill just make do with my nad for another month til my next wage then thought i might have enough now but i want to do it properly. also do you know of any going atm ?

Nope, not many on the bay; those there are pricey. There's always engine coming in and out of the forum; get a wanted thread and keep an eye out.

Oh, while i remember, get a list of parts you need to do,

cambelt kit
glowies
oil (engine and gearbox)
coolant
wiring look (think it's slightly different, don't quote me)

ye will do mate
cheers

and so on...
Thanks given by:
Sometimes you can get a bargain...

Sold my XUDturbo with new clutch/cambelt all done, with aux stuff and a box for £75
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Best off buy a complete cheap engine and rebuilding it. That way you know its a hell of a good lump, especially if your going to be tuning it. A completely rebuilt motor with some rods and headstuds would be the best possible thing you could do. Depends on your situation though, money/time/etc :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Looks like I missed out on the bargains. Sad
I'd take a swap from an established member, happily - as likely to get all the parts needed for the swap.
Thanks given by:
I picked up an XUD lump for 50quid. Complete engine ready to drop in. Although from what i've seen lately i would never put an engine in without at the very least doing the headgasket/head skim etc.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I've found a few 306's and 406's at around 350 taxed and tested. So considering I'm going to need things like the clutch cable, gearlinkage, etc it's the way forward.

Turns out there is a XUD 306 on my street. So just need to beg them to park up on my drive and let me do some measuring up for a few hours (maybe I'll do a LDA mod for them in return or introduce them to the joy of veg).
Easier with both the car and the donor 3metres away from each other.
Thanks given by:
Ive got a few complete XUD turbo lumps, some still in cars...so would have anything you need to convert. Miles away though so likely not much help...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Cheers Darren.
From reading the various topics I get the impression there is a hive of activity around the M5 corridor after the M4.
I'm just too far up norf Sad
Thanks given by: