Oil temp and pressure gauges

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil temp and pressure gauges
Whos fitted them, where to and what parts/brands did you use? Id like to use mocal gauges if i can find the bits to go with them.

Are there any more useful gauges for a stage2+ hdi? Besides boost which ive already got.

Cheers

Ian
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 06:21 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: Whos fitted them, where to and what parts/brands did you use? Id like to use mocal gauges if i can find the bits to go with them.

Are there any more useful gauges for a stage2+ hdi? Besides boost which ive already got.

Cheers

Ian

Exhaust has temperature & exhaust manifold pressure are the two more important ones in my view. These are essentially the things that will aid Headgasket Failure & head lift etc.

Too high emp/egt will kill turbos etc too.
Thanks given by:
Emp is fine as i have an external wastegate, so aslong as thats functioning that will never be too high. EGT is a good shout.
Thanks given by:
EGT for definate.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
With my d turbo I got boost gauge in an a pillar pod and oil temp and pressure and EGT in the stereo slot
Thanks given by:
Any recommended brands that dont cost the world?
Thanks given by:
I went for some mid range ebay 1s. Im pretty happy with them tbh
Thanks given by:
for temp i can tap the sump yes? does anyone know if the top drain plug is low enough for a temp sender? would save tapping the sump. and where about to t into for the pressure?
Thanks given by:
I dont think the external wastegate reduceds EMP tbh? Its only really used where an actuator is difficult is it not?

I would assume with a hybrid you will still suffer from high emp
Thanks given by:
I have a oil temp and pressure with sandwich plate of the dturbo. Sure it will go on hdi
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Make of the bits? pics? all working properly?
Thanks given by:
Will get pics. Ye all working mate
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Get an emp gauge dude, it's essential if you're running these engines with a small turbo, especially after the troubles you've already had.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I sourced myself some Pro-sport 'electronic' gauges. Smoke face with white or orange selectable night illumination.
fitted a sandwich plate (kit-with 3 ports) under the oil filter. All from Ebay.
Initially I'm using a 3 gauge pod on top of the dash, but once I've made the mould, it'll be a 'custom top' to house them in.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
[Image: holy20thread20resurrection.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah this was sorted a long time ago, cheers though i ended up just going for stack gauges in the end.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intake temp and Exhaust temp sensors? JTaylor2005 5 2,383 26-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Oil pressure and temp Slam Wagon 49 10,884 04-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Piggy