KWP2000+ Problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KWP2000+ Problem
When running Windows Mode on my uncles Macbook no kik can be found when running the software after clicking on the ECU and clicking launch, can anyone help?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the drivers aren't installed properly, also you've gotta click read within 5 seconds of the ignition being on
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2014, 09:42 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Sounds like the drivers aren't installed properly, also you've gotta click read within 5 seconds of the ignition being on

Tried the 2nd part but not sure how to check whether all the drivers are installed or not
Thanks given by:
Did you install them from the folder? called like 'win 2k_xp_vista_ drivers' or something similar..

If not or you don't have them, download from this thread: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-14969.ht...0+problems
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2014, 12:40 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Did you install them from the folder? called like 'win 2k_xp_vista_ drivers' or something similar..

If not or you don't have them, download from this thread: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-14969.ht...0+problems

Dont think I did, didnt know you had to, went on that folder and all the icons when clicked on asked what program to run them on
Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Just quickly... I really don't mean to sound like an arse hole here...

Make sure you ACTUALLY know what you're doing before playing about with remapping your car, not knowing exactly what you're doing and accidentally using wrong drivers/the wrong OS/wierd other things can cause you to brick the ECU... I've seen it before and I can guarantee I'll see it again...

Just make sure you're 100% happy with what you're doing before hitting read/write... I've seen cars get bricked by simply pressing read before now...

Play safe Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2014, 04:09 PM)Ruan Wrote: Just quickly... I really don't mean to sound like an arse hole here...

Make sure you ACTUALLY know what you're doing before playing about with remapping your car, not knowing exactly what you're doing and accidentally using wrong drivers/the wrong OS/wierd other things can cause you to brick the ECU... I've seen it before and I can guarantee I'll see it again...

Just make sure you're 100% happy with what you're doing before hitting read/write... I've seen cars get bricked by simply pressing read before now...

Play safe Smile

Thanks for the info, i have a good idea on what to do but not 100%
Thanks given by:
Just found the guide from HDI-Tuning, the 'Found New Hardware Wizard' boxes didn't come up when I plugged in the device to my laptop and the cars ECU, im a bit confused to be honest

Also realised the main file/application for the XP Drivers didn't come with the software after downloading it from the thread Midnightclub shared
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  kwp2000+? the milkman 16 3,110 07-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Last Post: the milkman