April Club Camping Meet 2014

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April Club Camping Meet 2014
(13-03-2014, 10:06 PM)Piggy Wrote: Are the staff not there to sort main meets?!

Yes they are. This was discussed when i was staff and by the time i gave it up, the only people who had shown any interest was Liam who started the thread and my self. So looks like it won't be happening unless someone pulls their finger out lol

Edit: And before i just look like a cynical twat, if anyone would like me to organise this (although i doubt there will be a turn out due to lack of time), then I'm happy to do so......someone has to i suppose! Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Glad Im not the only one that thought that then. Running the club I assumed involved sorting club meets.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2014, 11:06 PM)Niall Wrote:

Yes they are. This was discussed when i was staff and by the time i gave it up, the only people who had shown any interest was Liam who started the thread and my self. So looks like it won't be happening unless someone pulls their finger out lol

Edit: And before i just look like a cynical twat, if anyone would like me to organise this (although i doubt there will be a turn out due to lack of time), then I'm happy to do so......someone has to i suppose! Wink

since when the f*ck was that a rule?

as ive seen it, as with most, if you want to have a meet, you arrange it?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Club meets can be arranged by any member of the forum, it is not purely down to staff to do so. We're here to oversee things, we're not employees.

Over the years I've arranged countless camping meets before becoming staff. This whole bashing for no reason thing is getting really old now.
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2014, 11:14 PM)Matt Wrote:

since when the f*ck was that a rule?

as ive seen it, as with most, if you want to have a meet, you arrange it?

You can't tell me that the staff haven't organised the main meets? Sorry Matt but if you do say so, your talking shite. The shows, christmas meet and this meet have been organised by staff for the past few years. But since its not going to get organised by staff, I'm happy to do it...

(13-03-2014, 11:16 PM)Curt Wrote: Club meets can be arranged by any member of the forum, it is not purely down to staff to do so. We're here to oversee things, we're not employees.

Over the years I've arranged countless camping meets before becoming staff. This whole bashing for no reason thing is getting really old now.

See above. Shall i take on the organisation of FCS and pugfest as well then?
I know staff are not employees. In case you forgot, i was staff my self for god knows how long. This meet has always been organised by staff so i think most made the assumption it would again. And seeing as it was discussed in the staff section, i would also assume so!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
last years camping meet was sorted by jonny, he did the work and just liased with scott, and before then it was the camping meet near stone henge but i have no idea who did that (too busy worrying about the pink bloody wing mirrors)
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2014, 11:21 PM)Matt Wrote: last years camping meet was sorted by jonny, he did the work and just liased with scott, and before then it was the camping meet near stone henge but i have no idea who did that (too busy worrying about the pink bloody wing mirrors)

Of which I'm pretty damn sure Scott oversaw as he did with all the big meets/shows last year. Anyway, before this thread gets locked because someone doesn't like an argument, does anyone want this meet arranging or are we not going to bother this year? I can't see the numbers being too great now.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Guys, it's no one's responsibility. It had previously been organised with staff involvement but that doesn't mean someone else can't take the reigns. Official shows (I. E. Pugfest and FCS are organised by the club, but this is just something which is organised with a view to making it a yearly thing. No need to get into a who said what discussion, if you want to meet then meet, if you're happy to organise it then get cracking Smile
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2014, 11:25 PM)Scott Wrote: Guys, it's no one's responsibility. It had previously been organised with staff involvement but that doesn't mean someone else can't take the reigns. Official shows (I. E. Pugfest and FCS are organised by the club, but this is just something which is organised with a view to making it a yearly thing. No need to get into a who said what discussion, if you want to meet then meet, if you're happy to organise it then get cracking Smile

couldnt have said it better myself
Thanks given by:
Im still up for this if some others are too
Thanks given by:
Just come camp at the castle combe action day Tongue
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
f*ck it, i'll do it.

Niall, we would like it very much if you would organise the april camping meet. Please would you organise it for us, since you're so benevolent and useful and all that. I even promise not to take the piss when it doesn't happen or if it does you don't show up.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

I started that thread with a view to seeing whether we were gonna make it a club organised thing Niall, that doesn't mean it was definite. The original camping meet was partly my idea, long before I was made staff, and Jonny did almost all the organising because I was snowed under at work and he knew the area, and again, he wasn't staff. He did a fantastic job of it too.

However mate, if you wanna go ahead and organise it I'll do my best to be there with a bootful of beer Smile

(13-03-2014, 11:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: Glad Im not the only one that thought that then. Running the club I assumed involved sorting club meets.

Again, we don't have a responsibility to arrange meets other than meets that will have a club stand. You get out of this community what you put in. You need to understand that staff are not at your beck and call, and that we don't get paid to do what we do.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2014, 12:00 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Just come camp at the castle combe action day Tongue

Thats a 600+ mile trip from where I live!
Id love to but id be spending a fortune on fuel!
Thanks given by:
I would highly reccomend the staff organising it...or at least overseeing it.
Coz when a non staff member organises something then need staff support, staff dont wana get involved.

Not a moan, before I get warned, post removed etc...just my 2pence to nonstaff members who may wana organise it Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
All come down to the sunny south coast.

There are loads of camping places around here.
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2014, 07:36 AM)Piggy Wrote: I would highly reccomend the staff organising it...or at least overseeing it.
Coz when a non staff member organises something with the clubs name on it without permission then need staff support, staff dont wana get involved.

Not a moan, before I get warned, post removed etc...just my 2pence to nonstaff members who may wana organise it Smile

Edited.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Righto.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
This thread has run its course, and nothing more needs to be said. If someone wants to organise the meet then please start a new thread with all of the details.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up April Camping Meet - CANCELLED THE_Liam 33 6,978 17-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  April Club Meet 2015 MY95 17 4,658 27-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Christmas meet 2014 Niall 165 28,072 08-12-2014, 06:09 AM
Last Post: Poodle