turbo shit it self

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
turbo shit it self
after a month rebuilding my car and after 100miles my gt15 shit it self and ran on its own oil lucky i jumped out off the car and blocked air intake straight away most off the oil is still in the block but a fair bit did come out the exhaust its a new engine job our is it just a new turbo
Thanks given by:
only way to find out is strip engine and check for damage or put another turbo on and start it up see what its like

should be ok though if there is still oil in it.
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
If theres still some in the sump and you shut it off before it did mega RPM i would of said new turbo and she'll be fine.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
about half full of oil wasnt limit bashing but was fairly high
Thanks given by:
be fine lad Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
will have a look at the damage tommorow
Thanks given by:
Be fine ted..
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Christ that would be fine. Id ony worry if it had no oil or the revs went like 6k+
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
better be our getting sledge hammer to it
Thanks given by:
All of my oil went down the exhaust, engine oil light on, the most horrendous diesel knock ive ever heard, stalled it in 5th, all i did was put a new turbo on and its still fine 30k later Smile
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
jesus christ haha
Thanks given by:
Just make sure you clean out all the intercooler, inlet manifold and related piping - there will be oil left in it, start it after changing the turbo without cleaning it, and it'll blow up all the old oil straight into the engine - probably causing it even worse damage.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
cheers ruan will do that
Thanks given by:
Did it run ok?
...85cc Petrol 0 Doors... - ...135MPG... - ...£17 Tax...
Thanks given by: