clutch cost?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clutch cost?
Hi. Thinking my clutch is going to need doing soon. The bite is very high, and has done 164k so makes sense. I phoned garage and got a surprisingly high price (normally well priced) so looked through Haynes to see what's involved. I have no intention of doing it myself, but wanted to have an idea why cost would be high. Anyway I don't have a load of money to blow on it so looking for best price I can get. I can get the clutch kit at trade price so it's just labour in fighting to keep down. Anyone know what I'm going to be looking at? It's a 95 Peugeot 405 1.9td. Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
Most garages will probably charge somewhere in the region of £250. That's what I found when I was looking anyway. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You need to find someone that works on there own/just started there own business something like that, someone in a little unit as opposed to a big garage. Its not useful but i know atleast 3 people that will do a clutch change for around 100quid. They are out there. But unfortunately it is a time consuming job, hence the cost :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
How much do people pay for a 3 piece clutch kit for like a valeo/luk one?
Thanks given by:
I charge £100 labour plus parts. But your a fair bit away
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 09:49 AM)Tom Wrote: Its not useful but i know atleast 3 people that will do a clutch change for around 100quid.

Would that be if you supply the clutch kit? I had a couple of offers like that, but had to supply the kit, so it worked out almost as expensive as just taking it to a garage and letting them get the parts. Nospeak
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah 100quid labour, plus cost of parts. Depending on who you are and who you know you can get a clutch a bit cheaper. IMO though cheaper is cheaper, if you save 20quid it was worth doing. Some people rather just give it to a garage and pay more.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
So far my usual garage has quoted me £200 all in, or £150 labour. My mate isn't that cheap on this one. The one they stock is £85. He said he might be able to order a cheaper one in. Both these are with a 2 year warranty.
Thanks given by:
Luk one will come with life time manufacturing error warranty
Thanks given by:
200 all in isnt bad tbh.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I know originally he they said £250 till they knew who I was Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turbo back exhaust cost? 306Puggy 24 5,163 12-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Last Post: adamm306