Boost piping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boost piping
Just after a little bit of help here. Piping up my charger. Ive got 2" outlets on my intercooler and the easiest way for me to pipe it would be 2" from the charger to the IC then 2.25 out of the IC and onto the throttle body. Would this be ok or should i get two 2" to 2.25" reducers and run all the pipes in 2.25" except for where it enters and leaves the IC?

Cheers Heart
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Id say get reducers better to have same size either side.of cooler IMO
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd keep the piping and silicones all the same then get a silicone adapter 2-2.25 for the body..

And 2-2.25 i don't think would be a reducer? Makeup
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Can you not leave all of it 2" then get a reducer on the 2" pipe upto whatever the throttle body is?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
But a 2.25 to 2 IS a reducer and is the exact same pipe
Thanks given by:
Well I've got 2" coming from the charger outlet so thats why i thought it would be easiest to go 2" to the IC outlet then 2.25 to the TB. Would 2" be fine considering ill be running about 5-7psi?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I had 2 inch boost pipes on my DT and 22psi flowed fine through that
Thanks given by:
what size piping have you already got? id say the 2" should be fine but yeh both will work and are pretty much the same.
Thanks given by:
I dont see the point upping the size from the intercooler to the TB, personally.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Ran a reducer on the charger side and inlet on pipe though later when for reinforced hard pipes.

but the lynx kits a silcone pipes though out, not that you should copy some of the things they do lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by: