Disc change on hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disc change on hdi
Hi guys,

Is there any special tools required to change the discs n pads on a hdi? Going to have a crack later it's just il be using someone's driveway & I'd like an idea on what tools to take with me cheers fellas
Thanks given by:
Some kind of big grips to push the piston back, copper grease, breaker bar, wheel socket, selection of screwdrivers, socket set, wire brush... Probably more but thats all i can thing of for now.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Impact driver for the little torx screws holding the disc onto the hub flange (and the hammer for it).
Thanks given by:
13mm, 14mm, 19mm, t30 torx, mole grips, pipe grips (to release handbrake cable), t-bar, ratchet, couple of extensions, wire brush, copper slip (ears and back of pads), moly grease (sliders), flat-bladed screwdriver (to clean pad slides and wind back rear pistons)... Think thats it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks a lot guys trust my luck it's started to rain!! Good job I've got an impact driver 'cos I know them bolts can be a b*stard!!
Thanks given by:
A blow torch on the area sometimes helps I've found.

Are you doing the rears and fronts?
Thanks given by:
Yes doing the front and rears bud
Thanks given by:
big flat bit of steal to wind back the piston for the rear
Thanks given by:
I used a thick chisel to wind in rear brakes worked a treat. The bolts that hold the disc on, I think I counted three that weren't sheered off lol getting the rear pads back in was a pain but had a lot worse! Done all 4 in the pooring rain, got a mate to hold a big brolly over me in return for tea. Can't be bad thanks again for info guys much appreciated
Thanks given by: