Hydraulic clutch?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydraulic clutch?
So, something I've been thinking about for a while now is some form of hydraulic clutch set up on the standard 306 gear boxes. I know after a few thousand miles of use, the 306 clutches seem to get very heavy which isn't that nice! Anyone else ever thought of this and if so, how far did you get with looking into it? I was thinking of using a slave cylinder on top of the box actuating the original clutch arm, then a master cylinder of some sort on the pedal its self then am i correct in thinking, its a case of piping between the two with and filling with fluid? Would i need a vacuum at all or would the set up be as simple as master cylinder piped into slave and thats it?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Wont need a vacuum, you could make it even easier by keeping a cable of sorts and mount the master cylinder in the bay
Thanks given by:
SO would just need the original cable pulling on something like this

http://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinders/M...o=260-6087

Which is then piped to the slave cylinder on the box? Correct?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
The only problem with that is that MC you need to push, the cable would pull on it.

I still don't think this will fully solve the problem, you would either need to fit a slave cylinder like this

[Image: 1203clt-14%2B5-speed-gearbox-install%2Bc...linder.jpg]

or keep the cable and re-design the real problem, remove the nylon bushes holding the fork ,machine out the holes and fit some sealed bearings
Thanks given by:
Dont mean to "do a Piggy"...

But have a search as I asked this question when I was building and gathering info for the 2.1 GT...

There were some options, but I kept it simple in the end
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Pull clutch slave cylinder
http://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinders/M...20Cylinder

Just then need a master cylinder by the pedal and connect it up

I take it that the gti6 is a pull clutch like a Dt?
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I think the Picasso hdi uses a remote slave cylinder that bolts on the outside of the gearbox and actuates the fork rather than a cylindrical slave.

Might be worth looking at that setup to see how it works, as could well retrofit 306
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2014, 09:04 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: I think the Picasso hdi uses a remote slave cylinder that bolts on the outside of the gearbox and actuates the fork rather than a cylindrical slave.

Might be worth looking at that setup to see how it works, as could well retrofit 306

The 206 2l hdi has this also.
Thanks given by:
Could mount that push type under the pivot point of the pedal but i still think machining out the gearbox to take bearings would be easier and work better
Thanks given by:
Most of the psa clutches work like that afaik^^
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
berlingo/partner pedal box and BE4 gearbox casing (can be from cable as well as hydro), standard berlingo/partner clutch hydraulics, standard PSA BE4 release bearing and clutch arm job done Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Just FYI, ill be going ahead and doing this in the next few weeks so will do a guide on it. Does anyone know the distance the clutch arm swings to release the clutch properly?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Only about 3-4" id have thought, not massive
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 07:54 PM)Connor Wrote: Only about 3-4" id have thought, not massive

Yeah not massive but we're talking about clutch release movement mate!
Thanks given by:
And your point is?
Thanks given by:
Only messing.
Thanks given by:
Ok ive missed something here lol
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 07:06 PM)Niall Wrote: Just FYI, ill be going ahead and doing this in the next few weeks so will do a guide on it. Does anyone know the distance the clutch arm swings to release the clutch properly?

Measure it you lazy tart.

As we said earlier, just use a complete 206 setup. Cheap enough and already pre made pretty much. Fabricate a mount for the M/C to meet the pedal and then use the black cradle on the front of the gearbox to mount the S/C to...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 09:12 PM)Connor Wrote: Ok ive missed something here lol

Just my attempt at humor.
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 09:12 PM)Connor Wrote: Ok ive missed something here lol

He is saying you have a little willy
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
O I C what you there
Thanks given by: