hdi timing marks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hdi timing marks
How visible are the timing marks as it looks pretty tight down that side. Thanks
Thanks given by:
One in the cam pully very easy
Fuel pump doesn't require timing
And the crank/flywheel locking pin is down to the right of starter motor in block
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cam is fine as its right at the top and crank you go in through the arch, remove the front piece of the arch liner and its right infront of you.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
But you lock the two while fitting belt as I so it doesnt move whilst fitting belt/tensioners
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Excellent thanks ill have a look tomorrow.

Im only after checking it. Im running out of things as to why it wont start. Thanks
Thanks given by:
A little tip is to use the handle of a radiator roller, once bent to the right shape you can slide it behind the starter and locate it into the flywheel.
Much easier than trying to get your hand down there.
Just remember to disconnect the battery so you don't short out the starter motor.

This also works on the XUD7/9/11 engines, not sure about the petrol ones though (never had one).
Thanks given by:
And don't forget to remove it before starting, I know of someone who didn't and it's bent and can't be removed lol!!! It's still jammed in there today lol!!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Pull the solenoid wire off the starter, that way if you forget brain goes oh yeah starter and when you go over there hopefully you remember the pin aswell. Im one of those idiots that snapped an allen key in there lol.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by: