Blown turbo? Maybe?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blown turbo? Maybe?
Hi all,

Just been for a blast out and about and decided give the nitrous a blast too , I fired it at about 2.2k and it pulled like it normally would do and then just dropped off almost like it bogged...

First time it has ever done something like that.. I've just got home and checked round everything and it all seemed fine, top mount was cool-ish from using the gas and my bottle is pretty much full and at decent pressure so I know it's not the kit at fault. My pump is slightly advanced to the point of it starting to sound like marbles.

I checked the cold side and there seems to be a lot of shaft play in it , co discerning it had none whatsoever about a week ago when it was checked before the Yorkshire meet while doing the exhaust.

Would a bogging kind of feeling be a sign that the turbo is just flopping when trying to flow and get the speeds up? As like I say , it feels almost like the boost is dropping off completely and it's just chucking loads of fuel in and feeling like a NAD...

Any help or advise would be greatSmile
Thanks given by:
When was last time you changed fuel filter lad? Can be like hitting a brick wall when there dirty/blocked
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Ermmm a few months ago , I have been thinking about servicing it to be honest , I'll have a gander at that tomorrow
Thanks given by:
Fuel filter is clean as a whistle
Thanks given by:
Much oil in.boost pipes/intercooler?
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
not a lot , maybe a thin layer on the pipe from turbo outlet to top mount inlet...

where i have tee'd off for my boost gauge there is quite a lot of oil in that pipe.

and whenever the intercooler is off, there is usually oil around where the d seal has been sat.
Thanks given by:
Sounds normal, from what comes in through the breather pipe
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
seems to be okay now , maybe there was just a sudden ingress of air?
Thanks given by:
bet its f*cking gd fun with NOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ive got a mr2 mk1 with a blown engine on my driveway hennus 9 2,118 31-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  blown turbo causing diesel runaway willJspears 15 3,255 23-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Last Post: firemoth
  TURBO BLOWN??? D Turbo Lyle 5 1,586 25-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Piggy