Dturbo with gti6 gearbox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dturbo with gti6 gearbox
Well iv looked through threads and tryed to search for some info but I couldn't find anything.

I'd like to know if it can be ? And how I would go about doin it? Plus what would the ratios be like with goin from petrol to diesel.

Somebody will probably make me look silly and put me thread link, but it'd be nice to know something about it Smile
Thanks given by:
Its quite high revving when cruising. But obviously epic fun. The box just bolts up fine, not sure about the clutch, you also have to run the lift up reverse cable through into the cabin.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
See my project thread
Thanks given by:
Darren has a video somewhere. It looks epic. 70 is something silly like 4k though!
Thanks given by:
Have a gti6 box on my derv, if you don't mine sitting at 5k so get anywhere on the motorway. You would need a pretty responsive turbo to accompany it really. Personally I can't wait to get my HDi box back on but was fun to try the gti box - had to see for myself.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2014, 02:31 AM)Dave Wrote: Have a gti6 box on my derv, if you don't mine sitting at 5k so get anywhere on the motorway. You would need a pretty responsive turbo to accompany it really. Personally I can't wait to get my HDi box back on but was fun to try the gti box - had to see for myself.

That's why I always wonderd what the ratios would be like, I personally hated the hdi and preferred the td box as I was always dropping off boost but tbf I am only running a td04 so hdi with a supercharger setup like lobbs would see me sitting still on boost after a gear change.
Thanks given by:
Heh Dave, Nothing worse than a HDI box on a big blown derv imo. Even with a VNT i find it hard work / boring.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2014, 02:01 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Heh Dave, Nothing worse than a HDI box on a big blown derv imo. Even with a VNT i find it hard work / boring.

Just out of interest Darren but how hard is it to change the ratios on a gti6 box and what sort of speed can you get out of the standard 6 box at around 3k ish??
I reckon everyone's sick of my questions lol but iv been stripping my car these last couple of days and keep havein silly ideas of building a big booster Tongue
Thanks given by:
Any derv 6speed gearboxes that you could put in..? Whats wrong with the hdi boxes couple of people wrote they dont like them imo the hdi is a nicer box drove my bros 1.9 and ive the 2.0 and i find mine the nicer of the two but thats my opinion
Thanks given by:
Have you driven a 1.9 with the hdi box? You'd see what we mean I you have done lol I like the hdi box.......... But only on a hdi Smile

(01-02-2014, 03:36 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote: Any derv 6speed gearboxes that you could put in..? Whats wrong with the hdi boxes couple of people wrote they dont like them imo the hdi is a nicer box drove my bros 1.9 and ive the 2.0 and i find mine the nicer of the two but thats my opinion
Thanks given by:
3k was about 50mph iirc on the 6 box

It's a right hoot to drive with the 6 box, you're always straight into mega power on every change, and you can pootle along at 30mph in 6th if you want.

But you will find yourself constantly trying to ram it into the none existing 7th gear, and cursing that there aren't enough gears.

There are some other shortcomings you have to live with too, and mine disintegrated fairly rapidly which was upsetting.

Someone needs to man up and come fit a 6 speed hdi box to my car Wink
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2014, 04:26 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: 3k was about 50mph iirc on the 6 box

It's a right hoot to drive with the 6 box, you're always straight into mega power on every change, and you can pootle along at 30mph in 6th if you want.

But you will find yourself constantly trying to ram it into the none existing 7th gear, and cursing that there aren't enough gears.

There are some other shortcomings you have to live with too, and mine disintegrated fairly rapidly which was upsetting.

Someone needs to man up and come fit a 6 speed hdi box to my car Wink

After you said read your thread last nite I sat up till 2.30 reading it all hahah
I'm liking the idea of that 6 speed hdi. Hmmmm wonder how hard the conversion would be.
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2014, 02:01 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Heh Dave, Nothing worse than a HDI box on a big blown derv imo. Even with a VNT i find it hard work / boring.

quiet you Wink

I dont think its boring when you can only get 100mph out of it though Sad when you live near motorways your into 6th flat out before the end of the slip road when you want to tank it onto the motorway - and suddenly find your going backwards because youve ran out of gears. It would be great if I lived in the back roads of cornwall but with lots of long roads to play with its an absolute nightmare.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2014, 11:46 AM)Dave Wrote:

quiet you Wink

I dont think its boring when you can only get 100mph out of it though Sad when you live near motorways your into 6th flat out before the end of the slip road when you want to tank it onto the motorway - and suddenly find your going backwards because youve ran out of gears. It would be great if I lived in the back roads of cornwall but with lots of long roads to play with its an absolute nightmare.

Everyone's seen it before, but that's an example of just how short it is...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
It looks short as hell but if I'm bein honest it sort of made me want to 6 speed mine lol
Thanks given by:
Looks,like so so much fun for a day or two but that gearbox would melt my head. It would be a great mod if you had a longer final drive in it mind you.
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2014, 07:44 PM)maffy Wrote: Looks,like so so much fun for a day or two but that gearbox would melt my head. It would be a great mod if you had a longer final drive in it mind you.

Iv been lookin at possible final drive changes to see how much the ratio changes overall but from what I'm gettin from a couple sums (which I may be wrong on lol) is that you'd need a silly low final drive like between 2.8 and 3.3 to get anything half decent up top.

I'm looking into the 6 speed box from a 307 which is a ml6 box, apparently they bolt right up but your left needing custom shafts and some way of either making a custom hydraulic clutch system or modefied cable system as the ml6 box is hydraulically worked instead of cable like be boxes
Thanks given by:
You wouldnt want to put a longer drive in the 6 box, first gear is long enough already.

The ML is the way fowards, but alot of extra farce to fit it. Its a much stronger box though, and missing the rediculas crap BE gearset.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2014, 09:15 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: You wouldnt want to put a longer drive in the 6 box, first gear is long enough already.

The ML is the way fowards, but alot of extra farce to fit it. Its a much stronger box though, and missing the rediculas crap BE gearset.

That's just like a little devil on my shoulder saying yes Chris you should put this box in haha
Thanks given by: