Bosch pump question (picture inside)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch pump question (picture inside)
Hi just got delivery of my new Bosch pump for a Lucas conversion, but the throttle arm is a miss (excuse the pun even you see it)
[Image: IMG_20140131_083101_zpstotcr7ij.jpg]

If you've not spotted, the arm doesn't come to rest on the plunger, it's just behind it. Also the spring on TFS plunger has had it and once pushed in, it doesn't come back out itself (it will if pulled back out)

Are these 2 issues actually issues or will it be fine as is? And if they need / could do with sorting, what's best way of going about it?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Just take the ufo plunger thing off, they suck.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Is it a problem left how it is?
Thanks given by:
Looks to me like it might get caught on it. They dont do anything useful anyway, well im sure they did when they worked but i think they're all shot now.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Rip that plunger off...
I expect it got knocked out of place in transit but take it off...saves weight and its rubbish
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I thought as much. No probs. What is the purpose of the plunger out of interest? Cold idle control is a different bit so can't understand what it could do
Thanks given by:
Its literally to stop the throttle slamming shut, to supposedly make the throttle smoother, it doesnt work right and they are perfect without it. Just a throttle buffer.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Well that sounds so amazingly useful. A rubber stop would've been a better option. But anyway....

Thanks again piggy Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ahem...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Its to stop the typical mech pump fly back to idle and under idle / nearly conk out before gov has a chance to catch up. Sack it off tho its for grannys
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I drive like a granddad most of the time Tongue
Thanks given by:
When I went down to lobb land with the 206 for its first run, I barely had the bonnet open 2 minutes and Darren was in there with a spanner unbolting stuff off the pump...he violated my tidy, original Bosch pump :S

though it went a lot better on the way back.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,403 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,974 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,474 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby