fuel pump / compensator factory settings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fuel pump / compensator factory settings
Anyone know the factory settings for fuel pump and compensator. Turns out/ in etc . Thanks
Thanks given by:
Tbh mate, each pump can have different settings. Do you know what pump you've got?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's a lucas mate. It's running max at minute. Boost comp is quite wound out. Supposedly running 28 psi on a td04 hybrid . Not got a boost gauge to check at minute. Not so much bothered at standard just so she stops smoking
Thanks given by:
Personally, I'd get a boost gauge on asap, but all you need to do is wind back the max fuel till it blows clean on boost really. Do you know how to get to the max fuel screw?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes mate little cover on front and then Alan key bolt . Can I do it whilst car running or do I have to stop reset start again etc ?
Thanks given by:
You have to have the car off, once you remove the black cap it will empty your fuel pump of dielse, you then need to rotate the engine till the allen key is visible you will need a mirror at an angle to see it tho as its set deep inside the pump. once you turned it down abit you will need to prime the pump back up with derv, and get any air out.... then start it again

I would have a try messing with the boost compositor first if you can. Would have doubts about the said psi with out a boost gauge you wouldn't no what psi its at.

Thanks given by:
Cheers mate . Will have a crack at weekend. And the psi was from what the previous owner3 weeks ago had said . He still has the boost gauge which Ii am trying to get off him . Thanks for the help .
Thanks given by:
I highly doubt its a td04 hybrid.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Wind the boost compensator in to cut smoke down. The td04 will need the max fuel maxed.
93 106 xsi
98 306 1.9d 
98 306 1.9td lx 
01 306 2.0hdi 
97 306 1.9td estate 
96 306 dturbo 
96 306 dturbo 
Thanks given by:
Okay thanks . Will wind boost compensator down see if I can get rid of smoke don't mind a bit . And how would I know what turbo it is ?
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 05:41 PM)dwanepipe Wrote: Okay thanks . Will wind boost compensator down see if I can get rid of smoke don't mind a bit . And how would I know what turbo it is ?

Look on it for numbers or codes, or throw some pics up few people will be able to tell with just looking Smile

Thanks given by:
No worries. Got told by 2 previous owner so it has a td04 so will make sure . Buying boost gauge and mbc next weekend and see what psi she's running
Thanks given by:
Is it the white 5 door one?

Thanks given by:
No mate 3dr red.
Thanks given by:
When you adjust the lucas pump, don't use an alenkey with the ball on the end. and i wouldn't bother with the compensator, its almost useless
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,473 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby
  Cold start issue- fuel pump? Blaze Addict 3 1,800 20-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Martin306
  Is immobiliser coded to fuel pump? Huddo 2 1,522 07-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Ruan