not starting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not starting
Its been a while since ive had any problems... but one has just popped up lol

was out and about last night and left lights on , on the car while i went inside to get something , when i came back out the battery was nearly completely dead and could only just turn the engine over.

so i managed to jump it and carried on as normal , then the next time i stopped and turned the engine off , it did exactly the same thing and just wouldnt fire. had one of my mates with me to jump it again but this time it wasnt having any of it.

towed it home and left it over night to charge. tried this morning and had a better look , but still no luck with it. battery now has full charge, but still nothing , it just clicks as thouh the starter motor is jammed. I will be taking it off tonight to have a look but just wondering if there is anything else that may cause it to just seize?

ps. i have tried giving the starter motor a clout with a mallet while turning it over and that didnt work either lol
Thanks given by:
Could be dead battery or alternator? Bump it and get multimeter across battery terminals see if it's getting over 13volts.

Thanks given by:
Check the big wire from the battery to the starter, i think the clicking means the solenoidis working.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 09:53 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Could be dead battery or alternator? Bump it and get multimeter across battery terminals see if it's getting over 13volts.

im not sure it is the battery Chris , i would of thought if i tried jumping it from another car and the battery was knackered it would still fie from the other cars power?

(30-01-2014, 10:00 AM)Tom Wrote: Check the big wire from the battery to the starter, i think the clicking means the solenoidis working.

aye will do when i get home mate , should be able to have a good look tonight Smile
Thanks given by:
Depends how dead the battery is, had jump leads on a mates car and that wouldn't start put a new battery on it was fine, but would be strange for the battery to die just like that, But being a Peugeot i wouldn't surprise me lol

Thanks given by:
Get a big car on the other end of the jump leads, tbh it should show some signs of life even with a 1.0 corsa jumping it.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 02:50 PM)Tom Wrote: Get a big car on the other end of the jump leads, tbh it should show some signs of life even with a 1.0 corsa jumping it.

Tried jumping off a 1.1 206 and there wasn't even a blip and tried jumping off my parents 1.5dt kangoo and still nothing from that
Thanks given by:
Tried bumping it?

Thanks given by:
I was going to suggest bumping too. Also, if you have the immobiler keypad thing and it's been unplugged to deactivate it, I've heard a dead battery reactivates it
Thanks given by:
It's had a Bosch conversion so the keypad no longer works
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
What about bump?
Thanks given by:
When jumping a high cranking derv from dead flat it ideally something with the same oomph. My vans battery was completely flat wouldn't even light the dash. My mum insisted on jumping it from her 1.8 zafira 10 mins later nothing. Booster pack out started fine.
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Yeah the flat battery will just suck any life from another car first...

Need something with same/more ooomph to jump it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Are you getting glow plug light's or is the battery completely dead ?
Thanks given by:
its okay now all sorted lads. just swapped back to my old starter motor and fired first time, I do have another problem now...Sad not related to starting though...
Thanks given by:
Go on....
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Was in another thread Danny haha , suarted now though
Thanks given by: