hdi rods "dw4"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hdi rods "dw4"
morning

ive received some ebay "hdi" rods, which i assumed that would be 8v rods.
I've just gone to balance the conrod weights and found that they are about 75g heavier than my standard XUD rod. which made my brain tick, as im sure i have read on here somewhere that 8v rods are lighter??? so im a little confused to what rods i have now.

There are alot thicker looking than XUD rods especially around the wrist.
the only number to can make out is either DW4, but i can't find much on the web about any dw4 engine codes, or the number could be DV4 which releates to a ford/psa 1.4 hdi.

I will be using them as the 2.0 8v big end bearing fit, but i was wondering if Can any one shed any light on them for me
cheers
306 XUD9 gt2052s
306 hdi stage 2 (hdi tuning)
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
Pretty much all the 2.0 hdi rods are the same.
Although some of the 16v ones use xud rods.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I thought there were the same too, but wasn't sure why these weighted more than the xud rods
306 XUD9 gt2052s
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2014, 12:14 PM)rryan Wrote: I thought there were the same too, but wasn't sure why these weighted more than the xud rods

Stands to reason if they're bigger they're going to be heavier. Its not like they're made of ali or titanium
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2014, 12:34 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(29-01-2014, 12:14 PM)rryan Wrote: I thought there were the same too, but wasn't sure why these weighted more than the xud rods

Stands to reason if they're bigger they're going to be heavier. Its not like they're made of ali or titanium

ah i didnt explain myself properly,

i just seem to remember reading on here that the 8v hdi rods were thicker/stronger but also lighter than XUD9 rods, so with these rods that ive got that are heavier than XUD9 rods, might not be 8v hdi rods as i first assumed they were.
306 XUD9 gt2052s
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
the internet has a lot to answer for
Thanks given by: